Stamping experience in CHICAGO

whygc said:
Scheduled to have passport stamped on 9/20. Is that enough to bring to docs below:
I-94 from day 1. I was on B1 - F1 and then switched to H1B. Do you just need to bring the forms for H1B?

EAD

No AP because I never applied one.

Passport

New ADIT photos.

Please advise.

EAD, if you have
AP, if you have (since you do not have, you can tell them)
All I-94s
Passport
Photos
Photo ID
Approval Notice

In addition, whatever papers you have, please take them with you. Even if they want to verify your VISA status (usually they do not) or any information, you can show them.

Good Luck!! :)

I got stamping today I did not take appointment but the person at door suggested after this week they will make it mendatory to take appoinments at Infopass. Waited for ~2.30h and lady took passoprt pictures, courtsey notice, all EADs and APs (She asked for these), got signature at two places and FP that was it.

2 1/2 hours of waiting? but then again, what's 2 1/2 hours compared with so many years....congratulations, again!!!

I'm glad I didn't stop surfing this site after I got approve. I was informed that on certain District, before you can visit them, you need to have INFOPASS. And the picture needed is different from what is described on the Approval letter. Instead of the 3/4 facing, it should be full frontal.

Anyway, I got my infopass for Aug 8 at 10:15 am. I went to the district at 9:50 on Aug 8, with the Infopass appointment and got directed to the second window which does not have any queue. The walk-ins were on different window. The person in the counter scan my infopass and check my full front 2 pictures. She gave me waiting number 18, then directed me to another room. In that room, there were 2 windows open, one with number 17 another with 665. I was called to the first one after 5 minutes. Asked for the papers, including EAD and Advance Parole (gave them only the latest), stamped my passport, gave my signature and fingerprint, and done. Went home. That was easy.

The infopass really helped. I used to go to the district at 5:30 in the morning just to get ahead in the line. But with infopass, no more early mornings and no more too much waiting.

Yes, Chicago District. By the way, can anyone tell me how long is the usual wait for the card itself? Thanks.