Stamping experience at SFO

amu485

Registered Users (C)
Case approved on Monday 21-Jun-04. Received approval notices on Friday 25-Jun-04.

Reached SFO at 7:45AM this morning. There were 3 lines.. 1 at Washington, 1 each at both sides of the entrance at Sansome.. not much crowd on the Washington line.. but proceeded to Sansome because it was mentioned in the approval letter.. waited in one line for a couple of minutes.. then found out that it was for interviews and for those with appointment letter..quickly went back to Washington line and asked the security guy where is the line for 485 approvals & GC stamping.. he said 'this is..' but there were no one with 485 approval letter standing in that line.. so went back to the 2nd line in Sansome and saw everyone having the approval notices... not more than 20 in that line.. after a while we were given numbered tokens.. waited in that line for almost 2 hours :( Camera cell phones are NOT allowed..finally went in..usual security check..the waiting room was almost full.. after 40 minutes or so, my number was called.. i gave my I-94s, APs, EADs & approval letter to the lady in the counter.. she took index finger print & signature.. and stamped immediately and told me that it i will get my plastic card in 3 weeks. thats it.. So, it took around 3 hours to complete this FINAL formality.. :D

sf stamping

yeap similar to my experience. except they told me a year not 3 weeks ;) in week 2 now, wil be interesting how long it will really take :) altho it doen's really matter
got the stamp ;)