Spouse received interview letter but not me (Seattle/NSC)

seattlecitizen

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

any one in this situation.

Both me and my wife have same PD 9/28/06. FP on 10/24/06. everything went well so far.

Now I am seeing some discrepency in Nebraska processing.

My Wife recd interview letter for Jan 23rd.

So far no interview letter for me. i guess i will have to wait as these 2 are seperate applications as per INS.

Any ideas???

seattlecitizen said:
Gurus,

any one in this situation.

Both me and my wife have same PD 9/28/06. FP on 10/24/06. everything went well so far.

Now I am seeing some discrepency in Nebraska processing.

My Wife recd interview letter for Jan 23rd.

So far no interview letter for me. i guess i will have to wait as these 2 are seperate applications as per INS.

Any ideas???
You are probably stuck in name-check. All PD after May'06 will not receive interview letters until they clear name-check.
Make an info-pass appointment and check with the uscis guys!!
Goodluck! Chao'

recd interview letter

For date 3/6/2007...

Guys - hang tight and hope for the best. It just this whole process takes away all the excitement.

Seattle,

Which DO office do you belong to? I'm in similar situation. Wife has got interview letter and I'm waiting for mine.

Kansas City Interview Experience

Hi all,

My wife completed her N-400 interview this morning at Kansas City DO. It was a breeze...in and out in 10 minutes.

Only documents asked were passport, GC, driver's license and interview letter. Civic questions were out of old 100 questions ... pilot questions were not asked. English exam was simple. Then she was made to sign her photos and congratulated with N-652. She was told oath will be in 6-8 weeks.

Wife PD: Oct 10, 2006
FP Date: Oct 26, 2006
Received IL: Nov 29, 2006
Interview: Jan 11, 2007
Oath: Awaiting

I have not received my interview letter as yet even though we have name priority dates. I took an INFOPASS and was told that my background check was pending. The DO cannot do anything until they receive file from NSC. My wife also checked with her IO about my case after her interview and she was told it was most likely background but not to worry since my PD is only Oct 2006. Most likely will be resolved in a month or so.