Spouse received GC today (10/16)

akayal1973

Registered Users (C)
My wife received her GC in the mail today (Oct. 16). The GC that she received indicates that she has been a permanent resident since Oct. 10, 2007 (implying it was approved on that date).

Although we were anxiously waiting for her GC since I received mine early last month, this came as a surprise to us.

There were no CRIS e-mails, the status on the uscis website still says "transfered ... and pending". We haven't received the I-485 approval notice as yet either. Perhaps we will receive it sometime soon. Not too much worried since she received the actual card!

It looks like the USCIS has a backlog in terms of their data entry on case updates. So check your snail mail:)

I am glad and relieved that it is finally over.

Akayal1973, Do you know why your spouse 485 approval was delayed? Mine 485 approved today but not for my wife.

It was indeed a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

rnepal: I have no idea why her case was delayed. My speculation is perhaps they ran out of visa numbers last year, i.e. her case might not have been allocated a visa number last financial year.

congrats

It was indeed a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

rnepal: I have no idea why her case was delayed. My speculation is perhaps they ran out of visa numbers last year, i.e. her case might not have been allocated a visa number last financial year.
Akayal1973,
Great news for u. Congrats.

Everything is possible from USCIS: surprises, hard time, heart-attacks etc. :cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,
sree2005

Congrats, Akayal1973

Congratulations, brother

Same here, my wife received her card days ago. Now we are waiting approval for my daughter.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

New trend from USCIS

I saw couple of approvals in other forums too where they just received the cards, No emails - No LUD's.:p
Seems like USCIS has acknolwedged their ONLINE system update softwares, servers are outdated and can not take additional load of Jun,Jul filers.
This may be the reason CSR's are giving us outdated,useless Information, they can t see any up to date Info.
From now on we will just receive GC's in mail directly :D,
No calling CSR's, No looking for LUD's, no waiting for message change, :eek:

My wife received her GC in the mail today (Oct. 16). The GC that she received indicates that she has been a permanent resident since Oct. 10, 2007 (implying it was approved on that date).

Although we were anxiously waiting for her GC since I received mine early last month, this came as a surprise to us.

There were no CRIS e-mails, the status on the uscis website still says "transfered ... and pending". We haven't received the I-485 approval notice as yet either. Perhaps we will receive it sometime soon. Not too much worried since she received the actual card!

It looks like the USCIS has a backlog in terms of their data entry on case updates. So check your snail mail:)

I am glad and relieved that it is finally over.

Congratulations, brother

Same here, my wife received her card days ago. Now we are waiting approval for my daughter.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Reason,

We really appear to be long-lost brothers:) Our case timelines are almost similar.

We are done for now since my son was born in the U.S.

Good luck for your daughter's GC!

My wife received a strange LUD recently. My wife had received her Green Card back in October 2007.

She got an e-mail from CRIS today stating

"Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On December 4, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service."

Any idea what this could be? She has already received her GC.