Sponsoring Brother under Family Class for Canada PR

usa2canada

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am citizen of India by birth. Last Year I migrated to Canada and currently hold permanent residency of Canada.

I want to sponsor my elder brother ( blood relation, Age: 30 ) for immigration to Canada. I have gone through the website www.cic.gc.ca . Here is the excerpt:

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;
parents and grandparents;
dependent children, including adopted children;
children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.

Looking at this, I comprehend that I can sponsor my elder brother.
Could any one please confirm if I can sponsor my elder brother for Permanent residency in Canada.

Any similar situation?

Thanks for the help,
Ajay

Hi

usa2canada said:
Hi All,

I am citizen of India by birth. Last Year I migrated to Canada and currently hold permanent residency of Canada.

I want to sponsor my elder brother ( blood relation, Age: 30 ) for immigration to Canada. I have gone through the website www.cic.gc.ca . Here is the excerpt:

brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
you may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.

Could any one please confirm if I can sponsor my elder brother for Permanent residency in Canada.

Any similar situation?

Thanks for the help,
Ajay

If you have any brother/sister/aunt uncle grandparent/parent/niece/nephew in Canada or parents/grandparents overseas, a wife or children in Canada or overseas, then you can not sponsor him.

PMM

Thanks PMM. Here is my situation :

If you have any brother/sister/aunt uncle grandparent/parent/niece/nephew in Canada
>> None of the above are in Canada

or parents/grandparents overseas,
>>My Parents are in India.

a wife or children in Canada or overseas, then you can not sponsor him.
>>I am never married.

Do you think, I can sponsor my brother?

Regards, Ajay.

Hi

usa2canada said:
Thanks PMM. Here is my situation :

If you have any brother/sister/aunt uncle grandparent/parent/niece/nephew in Canada
>> None of the above are in Canada

or parents/grandparents overseas,
>>My Parents are in India.

a wife or children in Canada or overseas, then you can not sponsor him.
>>I am never married.

Do you think, I can sponsor my brother?

Nope, you have parents who are sponsorable.

PMM

Regards, Ajay.

usa2canada said:
Hi All,

Any similar situation?

Thanks for the help,
Ajay
Hi,

I am citizen of Brasil by birth. Last 3 Year I migrated to Canada and currently hold (protect person)permanent residency of Canada.

I want to sponsor my sister ( blood relation, Age: 25 ) for immigration to Canada. I have gone through the website www.cic.gc.ca . Here is the excerpt:

Looking at this, I comprehend that I can sponsor my sister,because I'm a protect person now. Or could my aunt to sponsor My sister, because my parents dead 15 years ago , and she take care of my sister this years .
obs:My sister was refused for the hearing .
CAn any one to help me to find a solution?
Could any one please confirm if I or my aunt can sponsor my sister like Protect person in Canada.

Any similar situation?

Thanks for the help,
Andre