Sponsoring an infant child

ganku98

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am moving to canada and would like to sponsor my US borm child. I am completing the application and would like info from someone how had done this before:

1. How is the principal applicant in IMM 0008? My daughter is 6 months old. Can I sign on her behalf?
2. Does she undergo any medical? I know that she doesnt need to get an Xray or any urine or blood tests (< 11 yrs old). But is a medical necessary? Is so aprx cost.

Thanks in advance

I am also in same boat. I have a 6 months old USA born baby boy. I moved to canada as PR last year but have not applied yet immigration for my son.

I called CIC . Different ppl tell different things. One CSR told me that i should apply under humantarian case, and request to process my application in canada.

The other CSR told me to apply for a normal sponsorship for dependent child and since your son is US born and you are able to go to USA your application will be processed in Buffalo.

I am confused what to do?? Any Help..?

How did it go with your application?

ganku98 said:
I am applying on May 1st. I will post updates as I am going thru the process.

Hi gunku98, I am in the same boat. I am moving to Canada in June, but my daughter is a US citizen. The boarder immigration officer told me I should apply PR for my daughter in Buffalo. But the CIC website says I have to be physically in Canada in order to sponsor my daughter. How did you do it? Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

There are 2 parts to it. Sponsor from within Canada and second part apply in Buffalo. Both needs to be sent to Missisauga Canada.
IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE DONT COME TO CANADA. THE TAXES ARE VERY HIGH.(I am comparing my paycheks from USA and Canada and I have stats to prrove that). Same sex partners and conjugal partners can apply from within Canada but 6 month old helpless infants cant. The waiting time for PR process for innocent children is about 6-10 months.
I will be back in USA after 12 months on a new H1.