Spoke with IIO

Sam Fox

Registered Users (C)
Just spoke with an IIO. ND for my 485 is Aug 00. She asked me to call the INS back in 6 months to get a status. Looks like NSC is working on Feb 00 cases. By the way, it took me 35 redials and 45 mins of hold time to hear this "great" news. Wish me luck.

No Title

AS far as I gather , NSC is working on Sep-OCt 2000 cases. Since your case has a date of AUg \'00, you should get approval soon. are you not aware of this? Why were you asked to wait for 6 months. In 6 months time , people who applied in Feb-March \'01 will be getting approvals.
Can you make sure you posted the correct dates in this message.

That is official date

But actually they are working way behind. There are tons of Aug people who are waiting. When I spoke with IIOs I was told that the date announced by INS is ony approximate.

No Title

I bet it all depend on luck. My friend with August RD and September ND received her approval notice at first week of september. It took around 385 days. Other friend waited for around 390 days to get his case approved. May be you will get different answer if you call a few days later. I wish all all the best.

Processing Time

You are right about luck. I know of a few September 00 cases that are approved and my date is correct (I-485 ND-Aug\'00, FP May\'01). INS processing is chaotic and becoz they know we are at the receiving end, they don\'t care.

luck? no! REF ? possible

I bet most of those RD Aug and early SEP will get REF very soon. I see more and more get REF in last a few days. that will further delay
our i-485 process. sad