Spoke to TSC IO

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
I got a nice lady at TSC and she answered all my queries.

My 2nd FP was done on Apr 26th 07 and no LUD/msg change online. But she confirmed that she has my FP review and FBI check. But this case was never sent to review. She said, she would email the director asking him/her to assign it. She is not sure if I would be assigned a visa number.

What is a possibility that I would see light at the end of the tunnel. Can I get
visa number. BTW, my case was transferred on 03/07/07 from VSC to TSC.

thanks.

How did you reach I/O at TSC?

I tried to reach I/O at TSC using

1-800-375-5283
Option 1-2-2-6-1
Enter your receipt number#
Option 1-3-4

says Immigration Officers not available.

My Experience of calling TSC today 7/12/07

it was my first time to call TSC in the past 4 years.. I used the POJ method today, just tried to find out my case whether it is assigned with a visa number.

I called around 1:05 pm central time... I used the POJ method, after press 4 the male voice saying "welcome to Texas Service Center...." My heart was beaten so hard.. I treid so many times this week, never worked but today i was connected to TSC... However it took me almost 30 minute in waiting, finally a nice lady picked up the phone.

IO: How can I help you?
Me: I want to check my finger print status recently? do you need my A# or Receipt number..
IO: I prefer A#
ME: A# XXXXXXXX
IO: wait a moment. Music again, for 2 minutes
IO: Hi, It showed your security is cleared, and FP is complete, received in 7/3/07.
ME: Can you tell whether my case has been assigned a visa number?
IO: Let me see.. your case is under pre-adjustifcation.. Means visa is available.
ME: really?
IO: Just wait patiently.
ME: thanks!

I Will call again next week to see any changes.

Hi,
Could you please explain how to get connected TSC using POJ ?
Thanks

Follow the following instruction.
Call 1-800-375-5283.
Then choose 1-2-2-6-1
Enter your receipt no
Then -1
Listen to blah blah blah
Then press 3
Then press 4.
if you hear “Welcome to TSC”--This is the confirmation that you are now connected TSC other it will say no IO will be available then it will be transferred to NSC. customer service.. If so just hang up and try again

I also tried few hours back and I was able to get across to the IO @ TSC (2 times no officer message and 3rd time was successful). She informed that my case is being reviewed by the officer and asked me to wait for 30 days. Hope all goes well....

Last week when I talk with TSC IO , i got the same information. My case is pre-adjustifcate - under review. IO told me that visa number has been assigned to my case. But nothing has happened so far. May be next time, I need to call them and ask them, whether my case has been assigned to an Officer or not ? DO you know what it menas of under review ..

One thing I am not sure

If TSC can not approve all those pre-adjustificated cases (with visa number assigned) by July 31, can they still work on those cases in the queue in Aug or Sep? I really hope so!!

OR those numbers assigned will be wasted after 7/30/07.. I heard some one talked about the Aug visa bullitin possibilities..... very confused.

Yup - Thats what IO told me. He said you will hear something with in 60 days.
If Visa bullitin says Unavailable for the month of August, then they will not be able to take the decision on pending cases. That is the reason why they have to clear all the cases before end of this month . Other wise, they are going to waste all the visa numbers that have been assigned.

case in Nebraska

Hi all,

My case was sent to Nebraska service center, can i use the same method to check on my case?

Hi all,

My case was sent to Nebraska service center, can i use the same method to check on my case?

scattexas,
The POJ directs your call to the service center depending on the receipt number you enter during the process. So if your case is at the NSC, the system would automatically connect you to an NSC Immigration Officer. When all four centers were actively processing AOS cases, your receipt number directed the call to either Texas, Nebraska, Vermont or California, and this is keyed off the first three letters of your receipt number, such as SRC for TX and EAC for VT.
With transferred cases, they have the system configured such as your case gets sent to the center where it is pending. For instance, VT transfers now go to the TSC, so in your case, you'd get sent to the NSC.
Note that the service center personnel aren't supposed to discuss case status information with callers, and some of them follow the guideline to the hilt (irritating you in the process), and others empathize with callers and are nice enough to take a few minutes from their day to respond. So if you end up talking to a curt person, the suggestion is to call back later in the day or the next day. Good luck.

thank ks_cc

Thanks, ks_cc. I called today but the lady i talked to did not give me much information. Just said my case is pending, I asked her if my case were assigned to an officer, she said she doesn't know and i can initiate an infopass to get more information. She was pretty polite only tight on the information. Guess i will keep calling.