SPOKE to IIO

rpt2k

Registered Users (C)
Am I just lucky today or NSC's phone service is getting better? First of all I had to redial only 2 times. That itself is unthinkable during the day time. Then I had to hold for less than 1 minute to talk to an IIO. (What's going on here people?) Then IIO was very helpfull, I wanted to check my fp status, my address change. NSC had all the right info. Then the IIO mentions 'Your case has been assigned to officer...' I am zapped. Isn't this the NSC of our dreams?

BTW what does 'Assigned to officer' means? How much more time I am looking for approval? Any thoughts?

My Rd is 7/23

I have my details on the RUPNET site under the same name 'rpt2k'

Thanks for your posts.

Rpt2K

Rpt2K,

You response to GSwamy's question would be appreciable. Even I am curious as to what is (or was until recently) the AVM message for ur case?

Thanks.

StillWaiting...

Hello Guys

My AVM has always been 'on ...... we received your finger prints for AOS. And are pending review'......

I have seen other people's messages changing to '....Processing resumed.'

That was the reason I called NSC to check the FP status. As I had done it in DEC. 2001. That's when the IIO said that the FP looks good. and My case has been assigned to an officer.' I asked why my AVM is playing that old message. he said the AVM is wrong and IT IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT.!!!!

BTW. My AVM is still playing that 'Pending Review' shit , as of yesterday night.

Also my I-140 was approved for CP. So I have got one more varianble in my equation.

Last edited by a moderator:
AVM Difference

What is the difference between the "pending for review" and "Processing resumed" in the AVM message. Is it true that if the Processing is resumed means the case has been assigned to an officer?

Thanks in advance

How much longer if case if with an officer

Does anyone have an idea/ past trends of how long is the wait if the case has been assigned to an officer?

OK..here's my take on the AVM stuff

hi folks
ok..AVM "processing resumed",simply means that the FP results were ok from the FBI...I am sure it does not mean it's assigned to an officer.

Reading posts in this forum,and from my colleagues,one thing I do know is that once a case is assigned to an officer,it can take anywhere from 1 day - 1 month + to get an RFE/Approval.
(if u see rupnet,some user's comments are that case is assigned to an officer as far back as Jul 2002,and yet not approved)
but yes,I know def that "processing resumed " does not mean the case has been assigned..it simply means FPs are cleared,and the case is in the Q of waiting to be assigned.

Nowadays it takes longer once the case is assigned to an officer,due to the IBIS checks.

NSC is a joke - no surprise there are no approvals (as of now ,looking at rupnet),on Sep 11.

All the best all
Cheers
JAck