Spoke to IIO

marul

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to an IIO just now to inquire on the status of my I-485 application, which was actually assigned to an IIO sometime in mid Oct 2001 for final processing. She acknowledged that my case has taken more than normal processing time (usually 30 days after assigned to an IIO). She told that they have asked for my I-140 documents from the storage and they have not received yet. She could not find out when they initiated the request for I-140, but says it would take upto 2 months to receive it from storage (sometimes even more!). She told that once they receive the I-140 documents it would take them upto 2 weeks for a final decision. Any one who has similar experience please post your thoughts here. Thanks.

EB2/RIR/VSC/INDIA/ND DEC 04 2000

I am in the same boat - 140 papers requsted...from nvc storage

I guess we should sit back and relax and forget abt approval till Jan.

what do you think?

I am little confused

If u applied for AOS, haven\'t u submitted ur 140 approval copy
along with the AOS application? Pl explain.

I don\'t know ?

I don\'t know. My attorney should have enclosed the copies of all necessary documents. I am guessing that the IIO will have to verify all the original documents before approval.

Oh Man. Same thing with me too..

PD: 10/2000
RD: 02/12/01
ND: 02/20/01

They told me the same, requested file from storage(Trash!!!?). This is too much. They approved 140. Now why they need it again? Any way good luck guys, hope ours will get approved soon.

how long to wait after RFE?

Hi there,

VSC received my response to RFE on recently. The phone system says the following:
"It usually takes 365-540 days to process these kind of case. However, since the preliminary process has been done before we sent out RFE, it will take 540 days to process this case after we received the response. "

Boy! That means I still need to wait another 540 days? They actually sent me the RFE after 540 days. My RD/ND for my 485 is back to 03/00. Is there anything I can do to speed up this process? Any suggestion and experience is appreciated.

Thanks.

Same Happened to me but do not worry!

Well, It was the same case with me, after I send the response to rfe AVM said that it takes 330-360 days but as the preliminary process is done it will take 360 days. This message is very scary.
In my case AVM system got updated with this message on 15th November and today 27th Nov AVM message said that my case has been approved.
I am happy. Good luck to you too! for your case.

Please update your status

Please update your status if any one from this list has got approval by now. Thanks.

RD: Dec18, ND Dec 29,AOS..

Mine is RD: 12/18, ND: 12/29, AOS.
Talked to iio two times and all the time I was told by the iio that they have all the documents with them and the case is with officer. That\'s it. No further progress. Still waiting....

In the same boat

Hope fully our 140\'s will come back soon. I saw another posting by SERU, who is in the same boat got approved.