Spoke to Customer service just now

dumbo

Registered Users (C)
Hi , I just spoke to the guy regarding my status and he said they are working currently on MARCH 15TH CASES. I told him that mine was much earlier and he said we should see some action soon.

Wish he could really define soooooon!

Did you ask them which year ??? They seem to be working on 15th March 03 cases instead of 15th March 02 cases !!!! :cool:

Dumbo,

That is BS. My friend got approved on May 20, 2004, her RD is 4/12/02. wac#02-161-535**.

Do you mean that next time the JIT date is released it'll be March 15th at least? That would be good news for both of us, because then the clock would start on our ability to fax an inquiry on our adjucidation (30 days after the JIT date is past our receipt date...)

becky

WAC 02 124

reach_honey,

BS = Bulls**t Sorry if I have to use this word but that is how they are handling our cases.

Customer service people are useless...they just echo whatever message you'll find online. I sent a fax inquiry on my case and checked the Others explaining to them that a lot of cases filed AFTER my case both (concurrent and non-concurrent) are being approved. I sent the fax May 13th still no reply...will be faxing them soon and will fax pages from immigrationwatch.com approvals. :mad:

hopefully yes becky. Keep your fingers, arms and what ever else that can do good, crossed!!

Just talked to them too

dumbo said:
Hi , I just spoke to the guy regarding my status and he said they are working currently on MARCH 15TH CASES. I told him that mine was much earlier and he said we should see some action soon.

Wish he could really define soooooon!

Was told that they are working on cases on and before Mar 01 2002. The new processing time won't be out till beginning of June.

I thought these people read off a screen like what they do in customer service jobs that were outsourced.... :p

thanks Dumbo

Good news. Will keep all available fingers crossed
(hunt and peck typing for me only now :)

becky

Based on online status (5/21/04), an RFE for my wife has been sent to the lawyer. The lawyer has not received it. My guess is that it is for my wife's immunizatoin record. She was in the family way then and the doctor had exempted her from taking one of the tests. I wanted to find out from customer service if they would tell me what the RFE was for. In case it is medical related, I just wanted to go ahead and complete the tests without waiting to see the actual contents of RFE.

I called customer service and waited for 35 minutes before someone answered the phone. I explained my situation and the officer politely said "No, I cannot give you the information because of privacy reasons. If you want, you can write a snail mail and we will send you a copy."

I said, "By then, I would receive the actual RFE anyway."

He said," I know, but I cannot give you the information that you need. I have no way to verify that you are who you say you are."

And then I asked him, "What is the point of Customer Service if you cannot give me such information? Why don't you ask me personal questions to establish my identity such as birth date?"

The rep said, "No. The purpose of CS is to help people with filling in applications and things of that nature."

I said, "In that case, I don't want to waste any more of your time. Please go ahead and continue helping other people. Thanks!" and put the phone down.

I am now an enlightened person. Are you?

BTW, I have not received the RFE in question yet.

Cosmos
WAC03028

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they are working on 3/15 cases, but certainly not all of them

I guess what they are doing is, they pick up a file from the pile, if it has everything, FP, RFE, they approve it right away; but if FP is expired, they throw it back to the pile, till JIT passed and you send million faxes. Then the one poor guy taking care of the fax inquiry may dig into the pile, find your file, issue you a FP notice.

The response time will depend on how many people they put in fax inquiry and what kind of response they send. If it is just a response for the purpose of response, then go figure.

That explains why some people get approval maybe filed much later than those don't even have FP notice...Which is VERY WRONG! They are doing it just so the approval number looks bigger, while leaving lots of applicant behind.

If that's the case those of us don't have FP on file now and having RD earlier than 3/15 may have to wait a long long time with the petition queue

This unfairness and twisted manner of processing has to be changed for the good of all applicants.

well news is that my touch date has changed to 05/27 bcos of this i feel. Not sure but that is my gut feeling. So my fingers continue to be crossed.

Guys, just as a matter of curiosity. Just track and see if your touch dates change if you call and talk to someone just inquiring about your case. Pls do that for the next 3-4 days and then pls post your results / observations to see if it is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
pls track

Guys, just a matter of curiosity. Pls track and see if your touch dates change if you call and talk to someone just inquiring about your case. Pls do that for the next 3-4 days and then pls post your results / observations to see if it is true.

Called customer service

on 11th May -, plus a level 2 fax inquiry, still no update to the touched date stilll 4/13/04 - same day I registered for the service. :(

wac 02 124

I faxed an inquiry on 05/10 and sent email inquiry to follow-up yesterday. This morning I got a call from IIO, told me that my case's receipt date is 03/02/2002 although it is said in my 485 receipt notice that my receipt date is 02/22/2002. Then she said everything is fine in my case and they are running behind of JIT so please wait a couple of weeks and my case will be processed. I asked for 2nd fingerprint and she said it is computer-generated and not related to processing time :confused:

My case's touch date is still not changed so far.

something goofy

Well just now I called BCIS toll free, and selected options
press 1 - yes, speak english,
then press 1 - case status existing
then press 5 - to actually speak to real humans,

after 3 min a human came on phone, I told her i have filed my case in march 2002 and no feedback on my case yet. she nicely, told me we are processing march 1, 2002. she asked me to hang on till 60days and call after 60 days.
i asked her to give more details about my case where and what are they doing with my case. she told me she is not authorized to give that information.

hey guys, question to you. how did you manage to get more detailed information. Am i selecting wrong options on customer service center
Please let us know. thanks.

Anuup

McGCWaiter, please note that, "after 3 mins. a human picked up the phone"

Was he expecting a cow to pick up the phone? :)

Ysolong,

Nice to see people not have lossed their humour sense... :)
But Be aware that "INS nowadays approve people with less humour, as they loose the heart easily".. :)