Speeding up advanced parole??

AK93

I just filed I-485 and all relevent forms for my husband who is canadian and on a TN visa. We used a lawyer to help us put everything together, after I had already filled out all the forms, to make sure everything was perfect. When we met to sign everything I asked if there was anyway to speed up the process since we would like to visit in October and my husband's grandfather is very sick. She said she would have to get back to me- she would call some contacts, and if there is something she can do, she will charge up to $500!!!!!! As a personal fee for her "extra" service.
Questions:
1) does anyone know what she might do???? She still hasnt told me.
2) Is it totally unreasonable for her to ask an additional fee- when we used her in the first place to make this go faster with no mistakes!!!
3) any advice? anything I can do on my own to get advanced parole faster?

She said she would have to get back to me- she would call some contacts, and if there is something she can do, she will charge up to $500!!!!!! As a personal fee for her "extra" service.

An attorney cannot make things go faster for extra money. Looks like you picked a real sleazeball. Ask this so-called attorney if the $500 comes with a money-back guarantee - if the AP is not approved in time, will she refund the money? ;)

Additionally, before you fork over a cent, check the processing times for AP on the USCIS web site.

thanks, and our lawyer is a friend of a family member! I guess you never know... There are no strings she could pull??

I'm a little confused about the dates on the uscis page- do they list the month the forms were filed that they are currently reviewing? So if I-131 says May- that means they have 2 more months of forms till they get to mine?

There are no strings she could pull??

Thankfully, no. The most she could do is request an expedite via a letter, but there's no guarantee of anything with such a letter. The best your spouse could do is request an emergency AP at a local office, with evidence of a health emergency. But again, no guarantees.

I'm a little confused about the dates on the uscis page- do they list the month the forms were filed that they are currently reviewing? So if I-131 says May- that means they have 2 more months of forms till they get to mine?

Yes. If the page says May, then they are approving cases filed in that month.

Would you know what he would need to bring to the local uscis office to request an emergency AP? Does he have to wait till he gets a receipt for the application?