• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Some questions about DS-260 forms

AldoBlack

Hello everybody,

How have you been?

I have some questions to ask. I want to unlock DS260 form. But before unlocking it I have to ask you a couple questions, if this is possible. It's about DS260 form of course.

1. If I unlock my DS260 will there be any problems for me in the future? If not, how can I unlock it?

2. On "Previous U.S. Travel Information" section, question: "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?", I have slected YES and the reason is "I WAS REFUSED A DIVERSITY VISA (DV-2014 DV-3) BECAUSE I WAS OLDER THAN 21 YEARS OF AGE ON THE DATE OF THE INTERVIEW.". The thing is that when I went I got 2NL my name was not in the list, and at the day of interview I WAS 21 years old, not OLDER than 21 years old.

3. On "Present Work/Education/Training Information" section, question: "In which occupation do you intend to work in the U.S.?", I have selected "CULINARY/FOOD SERVICES". I think the lawyer who chose this must have made a mistake. I do not have any certification as a cook or chef, or anything to do with kitchen. Should I change it?

4. Again, on "Previous Work/Education/Training Information" section, question: "Highest Level of Education Completed", I have added my High School and also my University and selected "UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE", but I have chosen "Date of Attendance To" 15-JUN-15, 2 days before completing my DS260 form. IS this an issue? And if I unlock my DS260 form what date should I choose?

5. I am a Computer Science student. I did not graduate 2014-2015 semester so I am hoping to graduate in 2015-2016 semester. And because I am not sure if I will graduate or not I'm thinking of transferring my studies to the university in my hometown Vlora. The, I am sure I will graduate, BUT I'm still going to live in Tirana. Will this have any issue in the interview date?

These are the reasons why I want to unlock my DS260 form. Should I? :)

That's all question I have for now.
Thank You for your time. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I won again. DV2016. This time I am the main Applicant, not my father. :)
EU22xxx :)

See what happens when you don't give up :)

Maybe others differ, but I don't see a need to unlock.
By the way technically as soon as you turn 21 you are "over" 21 as your birthday marks the end of your 21st year....

See what happens when you don't give up :)

Maybe others differ, but I don't see a need to unlock.
By the way technically as soon as you turn 21 you are "over" 21 as your birthday marks the end of your 21st year....

Thank you for for the suggestion. I'll wait for others opinion because US Embassy in Tirana is very strict. :/ :)

Thank you for for the suggestion. I'll wait for others opinion because US Embassy in Tirana is very strict. :/ :)

Susie has answered correctly already - but you continue to stress. You are obviously overthinking things, but I suppose I understand why you are nervous - so let me expand on the questions.

1. Unlocking happens all the time. It is fine. To unlock you email KCC with your full name, full case number and date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format.
2. That answer is fine. In reality, as I understand it, you were not refused, because you were not eligible to apply - you had aged out. Your father was refused, your application expired. However, that is a fine point - and it is best to be open with the CO. This will not cause you an issue, so that does not require a change on your DS260 unless you want to.
3. I think he thinks you will get a job at MacDonalds. In a sense it makes NO DIFFERENCE what you write there. Put Astronaut if you like. They really don't care what you plan to do. So, correct it or don't - your call.
4. If that is the date of attendance then that is fine. No issue. You could change it to another date - but why put an incorrect date there?
5. Why do you think they care? You are applying for a visa to go and live in the USA. What does that have to do with your partially completed course, or where you choose to live in the meantime?

Now. Stop overthinking. Just focus on getting your documents in good order. And stop paying money to educate lawyers.

Susie has answered correctly already - but you continue to stress. You are obviously overthinking things, but I suppose I understand why you are nervous - so let me expand on the questions.

1. Unlocking happens all the time. It is fine. To unlock you email KCC with your full name, full case number and date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format.
2. That answer is fine. In reality, as I understand it, you were not refused, because you were not eligible to apply - you had aged out. Your father was refused, your application expired. However, that is a fine point - and it is best to be open with the CO. This will not cause you an issue, so that does not require a change on your DS260 unless you want to.
3. I think he thinks you will get a job at MacDonalds. In a sense it makes NO DIFFERENCE what you write there. Put Astronaut if you like. They really don't care what you plan to do. So, correct it or don't - your call.
4. If that is the date of attendance then that is fine. No issue. You could change it to another date - but why put an incorrect date there?
5. Why do you think they care? You are applying for a visa to go and live in the USA. What does that have to do with your partially completed course, or where you choose to live in the meantime?

Now. Stop overthinking. Just focus on getting your documents in good order. And stop paying money to educate lawyers.
Again, thank you. :)

You are right. I am overthinking. :/
About the question 4, at the time I was filling the DS260, I was in exam seasons, plus the application does not let you add a date after the date you are filling the DS260 so I did not know what date should I added and filled 2 days before the date I was completing DS260. What do you think? Should I change?

Again, thank you. :)

You are right. I am overthinking. :/
About the question 4, at the time I was filling the DS260, I was in exam seasons, plus the application does not let you add a date after the date you are filling the DS260 so I did not know what date should I added and filled 2 days before the date I was completing DS260. What do you think? Should I change?

IT IS FINE!!!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!

:):eek::D

Hello everyone
If u know please answer ...
If I am studying in the university now which should i choose high school degree or some university degree

Hello everyone
If u know please answer ...
If I am studying in the university now which should i choose high school degree or some university degree
you chose 2 institutions, and some university degree.
and you will have to choice, you put in the first one your university degree, and then the second institution you put your high school degree .

Hello friends,
I just was scrolling my DS260 and i found this :
Help: Course of Study
For high school course of study please indicate “Academic” or “Vocational.” For all other educational levels please indicate your major or concentration.

But i didn't respect this , and instead, i wrote what i have in my high school diploma ( EARTH AND LIFE SCIENCES ) but my diploma is Academic and it's what the Embassy ask for.

Question : Should i unlock my DS260 and correct it ? or just leave it alone :p ?

@SusieQQQ @Britsimon , Your advices are highly needed please.
Thank you in advance

Hello friends,
I just was scrolling my DS260 and i found this :
Help: Course of Study
For high school course of study please indicate “Academic” or “Vocational.” For all other educational levels please indicate your major or concentration.

But i didn't respect this , and instead, i wrote what i have in my high school diploma ( EARTH AND LIFE SCIENCES ) but my diploma is Academic and it's what the Embassy ask for.

Question : Should i unlock my DS260 and correct it ? or just leave it alone :p ?

@SusieQQQ @Britsimon , Your advices are highly needed please.
Thank you in advance

Personally, I would fix that. Secondary education is an area you want to get right.

Totaly right Mr @Britsimon , I think i'll do just as you said,
here is what i will send ,

Case number:
full name:
Birthday:

Hello Sir/Madame:

would you please unlock my DS260 to fix a detail ,

Thank you

is this right ? thank you again.
and just to confirm, should i fix it even if i have the right high school diploma required in my country ( Morocco ) ?

Totaly right Mr @Britsimon , I think i'll do just as you said,
here is what i will send ,

Case number:
full name:
Birthday:

Hello Sir/Madame:

would you please unlock my DS260 to fix a detail ,

Thank you

is this right ? thank you again.
and just to confirm, should i fix it even if i have the right high school diploma required in my country ( Morocco ) ?

DOB in mm/dd/yyyy format.

Yes - I would fix it.

you chose 2 institutions, and some university degree.
and you will have to choice, you put in the first one your university degree, and then the second institution you put your high school degree .
thanks Can I mention 2 of them or what does it mean ? finally which should i choose I think some university courses is ok ? thank u for your help

Last edited: