Soldiers charged with immigration marriage fraud

Say what you about contextual ads ... when I clicked on this, my page showed the article along with an ad for "Carolina Bride ... Raleigh North Carolina" with a couple getting married. I am wondering whether to classify as the best or the worst ad placement.

Say what you about contextual ads ... when I clicked on this, my page showed the article along with an ad for "Carolina Bride ... Raleigh North Carolina" with a couple getting married. I am wondering whether to classify as the best or the worst ad placement.

Was it next to the "Be all that you can be" army ad? :D

Bob,

Money is still the greatest motivator for awful behaviors that people engage in. Soldiers on it too? I am suprised that the Army is discharging these guys due to this criminal mischief, didn't US govt recruit thousands of felons to make-up for shortages in the military recruiting during 2005-2007? The russian brother won't be released tomorrow in NC, judge is going to rule that they remain in custody...:eek:

I am suprised that the Army is discharging these guys due to this criminal mischief, didn't US govt recruit thousands of felons to make-up for shortages in the military recruiting during 2005-2007?

Yeah, pretty ironic..seems like criminal activity is one way to get out of active duty, but certainly isn't a bar for someone wanting to join in the first place.

Not to start a flame war, but I personally differentiate between people who naturalize legally (after a 10-12 year period having gone through either family or employment queue) and illegals or frauds. While I think the legal avenues for naturalization should become simpler, it should be the reverse for others. Now how will you take care of 12 mill illegals is a different question, and I can not answer it.

However, with this context, and having seen many posts about people trying to push the limits of these laws, should not marriage based naturalization be 5 years instead of 3?

I mean - In 3 years, you are already filing 90 days ahead. You can easily explain an absence of a few months here and there, and basically all the IO might be left with would be to validate or challenge a year's worth of history.

While a change of this eligibility from 3 years to 5 years this might make the life of some people harder, but does it matter - they have the GC and can stay in US anyway right?

Anyway, on the marriage based GC, there could be two kinds of frauds ... one would be collusion as they military guys did. The other would be where someone used a USC for his/her own purposes. I was reading about a person whose wife dumped him 2 days about she got her GC. I wonder if there were NO warning signs for that guy. While it is possible, I wonder if people can be so clueless to ignore the warning signs. Sometimes you do it because you are emotionally not mature to take a stand and confront your spouse, but people getting shocked (how could this happen) ... that can't be true.

Excuse me for some idle ramblings. If you have any thoughts, do respond.

Was the 3 year naturalization by marriage provision added recently or has it always been that way? Or was it added when the conditional GC's started coming out?

Not to start a flame war, but I personally differentiate between people who naturalize legally (after a 10-12 year period having gone through either family or employment queue) and illegals or frauds. While I think the legal avenues for naturalization should become simpler, it should be the reverse for others. Now how will you take care of 12 mill illegals is a different question, and I can not answer it.

However, with this context, and having seen many posts about people trying to push the limits of these laws, should not marriage based naturalization be 5 years instead of 3?

I mean - In 3 years, you are already filing 90 days ahead. You can easily explain an absence of a few months here and there, and basically all the IO might be left with would be to validate or challenge a year's worth of history.

While a change of this eligibility from 3 years to 5 years this might make the life of some people harder, but does it matter - they have the GC and can stay in US anyway right?

Anyway, on the marriage based GC, there could be two kinds of frauds ... one would be collusion as they military guys did. The other would be where someone used a USC for his/her own purposes. I was reading about a person whose wife dumped him 2 days about she got her GC. I wonder if there were NO warning signs for that guy. While it is possible, I wonder if people can be so clueless to ignore the warning signs. Sometimes you do it because you are emotionally not mature to take a stand and confront your spouse, but people getting shocked (how could this happen) ... that can't be true.

Excuse me for some idle ramblings. If you have any thoughts, do respond.

San,

I excuse your ramblings...:) The reality of this immigration is simple in my own view, frauds will always be with us. Just like the poor, they will always be among us asking for a quarter when you stop at a traffic light or enter a subway terminal. I suspect you are mixing two issues here: timeline to naturalization vis-a-vis the process by which one naturalizes are seperate in my mind. Being a GC holder for 10-12 before getting a blue book (PP) and 2yr 9 mo before getting a PP are inconsequential. The end objective is that both people became American citizens.

I have seen many people on this board push their luck against clearly established USCIS guidelines on 3 yrs naturalization, and most succeed and some do hit the wall and come running to this board for guidance. There is lady who posted today about having to go for a second interview in two weeks, it is clear that she not living with her husband who has serious medical and drug problems. She's thinking of lawyering up for the second interview, even thought the IO told her to bring her husband, but she doesn't want to bring the husband as he will do more harm than good. Clearly, this is a situation of someone who likes and eat beacon (pork) for breakfast, but is against killing of animals..:rolleyes: I think 3 year filing for people married to USC is a neat benefit which people should use with utmost care and consideration. This is one of those benefits which those who can't reach it envy it, but who can reach it misuse and pee on it.:rolleyes: Personally, I would file under the 3 year rule, just so that I can work on classified information through a federal contractor, I actually get solicitations from prospective employers every month for federal opportunities, but they require background check with ability to be cleared. No LPR is able to obtain clearance, so that would be the only motivation. I hope this isn't a flame..;)

San,

Personally, I would file under the 3 year rule, just so that I can work on classified information through a federal contractor, I actually get solicitations from prospective employers every month for federal opportunities, but they require background check with ability to be cleared. No LPR is able to obtain clearance, so that would be the only motivation. I hope this isn't a flame..;)

:)

It's also a reason why the military should not pay soldiers differently based on marital status.

They are not paying differently.
They getting Basic Allowance for Housing, which is available for every soldiers in certain grade or time in service or married personal

Brand new single soldiers living in the barracks and don't entitled to get extra money for housing.

Brand new married soldiers could not afford to pay for House without extra money he's getting (depends on area).

They are not paying differently.
They getting Basic Allowance for Housing, which is available for every soldiers in certain grade or time in service or married personal

Brand new single soldiers living in the barracks and don't entitled to get extra money for housing.
But married soldiers get that extra money, so that is paying differently based on marital status.

But married soldiers get that extra money, so that is paying differently based on marital status.

If they getting money they spending those money for apartment they rent and utilities. When the Army starts paying you extra money they kicked you out of barracks. Soldiers ending up getting the same amount sometimes even less.
Single soldiers getting extra money as well, depends on rank and time in service

Bobsmyth said:
Too bad Vorpal isn't around to comment on the looks of the Russian girls involved.

As a (former) resident of Brighton Beach in Brooklyn and loyal russian club goer I can tell you that I saw much better. :)

It's also a reason why the military should not pay soldiers differently based on marital status.

Don't judge all Military because of few cases. We are not making millions of dollars, most of the soldiers are living from pay check to pay check, including those who's getting extra money for housing (and spend those money for housing). You have no right to judge military if you don't know how hard is to be far away from home for a year working for up to 18 hours a day, waking up because of rocket exploded nearby. I tell you what, it's a good to sitting in nice apartment and judge those who are earning money with sweat and blood literally. Don't you ever give advice how to manage the Army.

Yes fake marriage exist, including in the military. But most of the cases occurring in civilian world.

Interesting Read! I wonder how all the "brides-to-be" are living in NY and still their military "so-called-husbands" getting housing etc? :confused: