Social Security Question

zamindar

Registered Users (C)
If I get a job with a non-US, foreign company in a foreign country with no SS agreement with the US, how can I still make SS & Medicare payments so continue to accumulate points? I still need 12 points to get to the minimum 40 points. Your insight will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Zamindar

You still file normal taxes as if you were in states.You just end up getting more deductions been overseas.

dckaraja said:
You still file normal taxes as if you were in states.You just end up getting more deductions been overseas.

Don't think that'll work.... Medicare and SS are separate payments normally made by an employer on behalf of the employee. Perhaps you could start up a home business and make payments as if you were self employed?

Yes Zamindar you need to complete your 40 points

zamindar said:
If I get a job with a non-US, foreign company in a foreign country with no SS agreement with the US, how can I still make SS & Medicare payments so continue to accumulate points? I still need 12 points to get to the minimum 40 points. Your insight will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Zamindar

Zamindar,

you can go outside the country and work with a foreign company but before you retire, you will have to complete the balance points that are left and complete it to 40 in order to tap the social security or medicare.
BTW : did you get your interview appointment ??

thanks