Small town with low average household income

eposting

Registered Users (C)
I would highly appreciate if someone can help me to find the answers for the following:
I am looking for a business in a very small town with a population of about 76,000 and due to limited opportunities local peoples are making little income to survive. My questions are………

A: How can I find out the official figure of “ average household income” of a single family of this town?

B: If the household yearly income is low then should I assume that Visa Officer would accept the low income generated business for E2 visa accordingly, and if the business’s income is as low as $26,000 yearly (which I assume matches with average household family income of this town) then what are the chances?

C: Is it possible for an applicant to apply E2 visa and put the family case in pending to squeeze the household income to satisfy the visa officer, and later on, after increasing the income by expanding the business, family visa could be applied.

D: Income shown..........

Thanking to all of you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
billy bob,, did you read my Post?

eposting said:
I would highly appreciate if someone can help me to find the answers for the following:
I am looking for a business in a very small town with a population of about 76,000 and due to limited opportunities local peoples are making little income to survive. My questions are………

A: How can I find out the official figure of “ average household income” of a single family of this town?

B: If the household yearly income is low then should I assume that Visa Officer would accept the low income generated business for E2 visa accordingly, and if the business’s income is as low as $26,000 yearly (which I assume matches with average household family income of this town) then what are the chances?

C: Is it possible for an applicant to apply E2 visa and put the family case in pending to squeeze the household income to satisfy the visa officer, and later on, after increasing the income by expanding the business, family visa could be applied.

D: Income shown..........

Thanking to all of you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
A: Try looking up detailed information on census.gov or bea.gov. Otherwise try a search for average income information by city/state.

B: The average income of the place of business is not a main qualifier for your E2 application. More so whether the income generated over time is enough to sustain the business beyond providing income for the applicant, and if jobs can be created for other US citizens or GC holders. But of course, in a low income area it will probably be easier to generate income to satisfy the requirements of job creation over time.

C: I don't think this is a consideration. Your business plan should provide an indication of how well the business will be doing regarding income and job creation. The main item all Consular Officers look at is the capitalization of the company, i.e. does the company have enough money to get through the start up phase. For an existing business the same applies except that you might benefit from a sound financial history as proof.

D: It is a positive point that the business already generates income. You need to pay special attention to your business plan, describing a turn around (increased income over time), sufficient capitalization (how much money do you invest relative to the valuation of the business), and a projection of how many people you will hire over time to accomplish your goals.

All in all it is not easy. As long as you bring capital to the table and have a well written business plan you should be fine.

Dear billy bob can you please recommend a good Attorney who should have a good experience in the field of “ E2 visas”.
Again thank you for your help