Sister's USC Citizenship Experience

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Ok my other sister just had her interview on Friday. The interview lasted 15 minutes max and the officer did ask her about her NP. She had renwed her NP and was asked as to when and why(she renewed it few weeks after approval)...to which my sister told the officer that she renewed it for 1 year because she wanted to get stamped. She didnt ask about NP again.

She went over all the questions in the form and also asking about if she has gone to her COP. She told her no and then rest was easy cakewalk.

The officer told her since asylee USC is not normal she has to get her supervisor to look at it and she gave her a form saying you have recommended for an approval.

Now she is waiting for her oath..maybe in 2 weeks. BTW we are in Washington D.C.

Ok my other sister just had her interview on Friday. The interview lasted 15 minutes max and the officer did ask her about her NP. She had renwed her NP and was asked as to when and why(she renewed it few weeks after approval)...to which my sister told the officer that she renewed it for 1 year because she wanted to get stamped. She didnt ask about NP again.

She went over all the questions in the form and also asking about if she has gone to her COP. She told her no and then rest was easy cakewalk.

The officer told her since asylee USC is not normal she has to get her supervisor to look at it and she gave her a form saying you have recommended for an approval.

Now she is waiting for her oath..maybe in 2 weeks. BTW we are in Washington D.C.

congratulation to your sister

when did your sister applied for citizenship?

Hey WANT, i dont understand...

First of all, thank you for the information, but i really dont understand immigration, on the USCIS.GOV website says the all the Green holders are the same... why the interview to become a citizen is different for ex-asylees, right? And i do undestand that going to your country of persecution raise red flags, myself ( i have my GC ) dont want to go to my C of P, but i would like to renew my passport to travel more freely and in the case of a REAL emergency be able to travel to home country, my parents live there, they are in good health, thanks God, but if it changes and i dont have a passport?

Asylum-NY

I was to told at POE and when I made infopass to get a passport and Honnestly dont beleive there is a problem.

When I did, my entry was smooth.....no more secondary inspection.

What do you not understand? Asylum is prone to fraud and they have placed an extra layer to double check everything before the person is granted citizenship status. Makes sense to me.

I guess you are right...

It is what it is. I am really greatfull for having won my asylum case and have a chance to live without fear in this country, but i wish immigration would be more clear in certain aspects about what is ok or not ok to do when comes to passport for exemple.

It is what it is. I am really greatfull for having won my asylum case and have a chance to live without fear in this country, but i wish immigration would be more clear in certain aspects about what is ok or not ok to do when comes to passport for exemple.

Yes, they are really unclear as to the RTD/RP/NP requirement, and this needs to be addressed.