Sincere advise

raju2003

I am a US citizen and have been trying to bring my parents to US and sponsor them for a green card. My parents are in 70's but enjoy good health and are very happy back in India. All of sudden I am hearing that the bipartisan group of politicians were very close to passing the immigration reform and stopping family migration totally.
I have three choices
1. the best choice for the long term for them is to bring them right away to US ( they have 10 year multi entry visa) and file green card here , shortest and surest pathway but its going to put them in stress since they want to wrap up everything back home and ideally come in 1-2 years.
2.apply for their green card for processing in India, their closet city is new Delhi , I need to know how much is the average current time for parents processing for new Delhi . This plan puts them in less stress but then they cant visit us for the next 2-3 years till the papers are processed ( that's my understanding, correct me if I am wrong , I think once the green card process starts in India they might be declined entry on their 10 year tourist visa to US )
3. the riskiest plan is to play the dice and hope they don't cancel the family immigration and they can keep visiting US on tourist visa till they are ready to file green in US in 1-2 years ( but that's too risky )
What would you guys do ? feedback appreciated
how much time does it take to process green card in Houston region ?
how much does it take to process green card in new delhi ?
how likely is the cancellation of the family visa going to happen ?

Planning on using the tourist visa to enter the US with the mind of processing AOS is frowned upon, it is fraudulent. It’s a different thing if they’re already in the US and you suddenly decide to file AOS for them.

All of sudden I am hearing that the bipartisan group of politicians were very close to passing the immigration reform and stopping family migration totally.
Where did you hear that?
Unlike in autocracies where a dictator's word becomes law, the US has a systematic process where bills are debated and voted on before being sent for the president's signature to become law. So, try not to believe everything you hear.

And as mentioned above, visitors cannot use a tourist visa to enter the US to be sponsored for a green card. You may sponsor them and they interview in New Delhi. Do it the right and legal way.

Its been quoted that there was a deal getting done which included restricting family migration and stopping visa lottery , how much that deal is derailed due to the remarks of the president , we will find in the next few weeks . Obviously the bill has to be debated and passed by the house and senate first . I totally agree with you that things should always be done in the legal and right way .

I've not seen anything in the House or Senate coming for a vote. Plenty of gossip in Asian circles though.

Options 1 and 3 are not legal, are frowned upon, and thus fraudulent. Option 2 is right and legal.