SIN office in Toronto

akilhere

Registered Users (C)
Since I'll be landing during the long weekend in Canada, will the SIN office be open on Monday? Can I just mail in those forms or should I have to be physically be present to submit the forms? Please advise.

SIN office will be closed on Monday. Canada has also Labor Day,
You can NOT mail the SIN form you have to Visit HRDC office, fill up the form and then go to Window A or B, the HRDC officer will ask you that the address is coreect on the form and they will also advise to use your FULL name as appers on your landing paper or passport, that is just for security reasons, so that nobody can use your SIN for work.

Please post your Landing EXP after compleating landing, it will be help to others.

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks Avtaar. But will it be a problem if I'm not able to visit the HRDC office? Is it ok if I complete those formalitites on a later date? Please advise.

NO Problem, You can Apply for SIN at a later date, but you have to visit Hrdc office when you need to apply for SIN Card, I hope you are not immidiatly going to work in Canada, SIN is needed for work and taxes.
When you land have Goods to Follow list with you(2 Copies)
Keep 2 Passport Size phothographs with white background with you, they can use it for your PR card, do not forget to provide your Canada address( it can be your Friend, Relative Address, inform them you will be on this address, so that you can get your PR card on this address by mail, if you do not give that address, then you have apply for PR card from Canada and have to collect PR card with in Canada, better apply at the time of landing and your relative or friend can recieve it in your adsence and if you wish he will mail it to you.

Take the recent Bank statements of last 2 months., Passport,Landing Document.

Do not forget to post your Landing EXP and Coming back to US in detail, it will help others.
Good Luck!!!

Avtaar,

Thanks for the information. I am in the similar situation, however the difference is that I have already landed in Canada from Niagara falls post. But I messed up, as in I told that I will be going back to USA for some time and then return. Thus the border official didnt process my PR application and asked me to do that once I am back to Canada permanently.
Now my question is: Do i still get the PR card in mail or do I have to personally go and get the card?

Your response will be much appreciated.

JV