'Signing' the photos during interview - in block caps

stevep98

Registered Users (C)
I notice that someone mentioned that they wrote their name on the photos during the interview in cursive. I wrote in block caps. She just said 'write your name here - first name, middle at the top, last name at the bottom'.

I'm not sure if she looked at what I had done.

Anybody else write in block caps without it coming back to bite them?

Steve

I notice that someone mentioned that they wrote their name on the photos during the interview in cursive. I wrote in block caps. She just said 'write your name here - first name, middle at the top, last name at the bottom'.

I'm not sure if she looked at what I had done.

Anybody else write in block caps without it coming back to bite them?

Steve
Wish I had a better answer for you. I was not asked to write, print or sign anything on my photos at my interview. I was so glad it was over, and that I passed, that I forgot to ask about it. Seems like many offices and IOs do things differently.

I'd be interested to hear what other people's experiences in this area are.

Wish I had a better answer for you. I was not asked to write, print or sign anything on my photos at my interview. I was so glad it was over, and that I passed, that I forgot to ask about it. Seems like many offices and IOs do things differently.

That's odd. I thought everyone must write or sign their names on their photographs at the interview.

Yes that is odd and this is a requirement. I bet they'll make you sign them at the oath. Let's just hope they don't call you back to the Local DO for the signature. I have seen it happen once on here - where the applicant was not asked to sign the application and had to go back in just to sign it.

Keep us posted, that's odd. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask you to sign the photo the day of the oath. They might have missed this, but it is not the usual way of doing things. If nobody tells you anything at the oath I would make a point of going to the corrections table after the ceremony and mention that.

Yeh, I was thinking to take new photos along to the oath ceremony, just in case they ask about it there. I actually took new photos with me on tuesday because I didn't like the ones I submitted with my application. But, they refused them, saying they were out of spec. Try again!

I was told to write my full name on my photos and the IO specifically said to write it in block letters

Derek

Yes that is odd and this is a requirement. I bet they'll make you sign them at the oath. Let's just hope they don't call you back to the Local DO for the signature. I have seen it happen once on here - where the applicant was not asked to sign the application and had to go back in just to sign it.
Uh-oh, now you have me worried...I hope that this does not delay anything. is there any reason why I just could not sign it at the oath ceremony rather than making a special trip to the DO to sign the photos?

Are you sure that it's a requirement that everybody must sign the photos?

Uh-oh, now you have me worried...I hope that this does not delay anything. is there any reason why I just could not sign it at the oath ceremony rather than making a special trip to the DO to sign the photos?

Are you sure that it's a requirement that everybody must sign the photos?

Yes - I am sure it is a requirement to sign the photographs. Don't worry - it will work out. Such a small thing such as a signature shouldn't delay you.

Like I said - I have a feeling you will most likely sign the photo at the oath ceremony. Don't worry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, I was thinking to take new photos along to the oath ceremony, just in case they ask about it there. I actually took new photos with me on tuesday because I didn't like the ones I submitted with my application. But, they refused them, saying they were out of spec. Try again!

Go ahead if it will make you feel better, but I am 100% sure you will not be able to switch photographs during the oath ceremony. This is because your certificate will be created before the oath ceremony and one photo is glued to the certificate and then embossed with a notary seal. By removing the old picture, they will automatically alter the certificate and make it void.

The only option you will likely have is to sweet talk an USCIS official into getting you a new certificate with the new picture. So, how charming can you get? :D

Yes - I am sure it is a requirement to sign the photographs. Don't worry - it will work out. Such a small thing such as a signature shouldn't delay you.

Like I said - I have a feeling you will most likely sign the photo at the oath ceremony. Don't worry!
Thanks, LolaLi, I will try not to worry. Like everybody else, my journey has been a long one and I am anxious for it to be over. I definitely did sign the application (that much I remember) as well as a few other forms. Hopefully I can just sign it at the oath ceremony and there is no impediment to doing so (i.e. pictures are covered in a laminated seal or something that would prevent me from signing it on the certificate).

Thanks, LolaLi, I will try not to worry. Like everybody else, my journey has been a long one and I am anxious for it to be over. I definitely did sign the application (that much I remember) as well as a few other forms. Hopefully I can just sign it at the oath ceremony and there is no impediment to doing so (i.e. pictures are covered in a laminated seal or something that would prevent me from signing it on the certificate).

No it isn't laminated, but there is a seal (rubber seal) on half of the picture and certificate. I looked at mine and the seal was over the white area which is not signed - but there is another seal under the corner where I signed. So, I think you'll be able to sign at the oath ceremony.

You are almost done - so don't let anything get you down or trip you up.

I had my interview today at Cleveland DO. IO didn't ask me to sign on my photographs. I had to sign on my application and couple of other places (one of them was the name change form - I'm changing my name).
I'm also worried that they will call me back to sign the photographs.

I know this thread is kind of old but this is the only one I found online regarding an applicant who were not ask to sign his/her photos during the interview. I can see from your timeline that you have finished the oath taking. I was wondering what happened at the oath ceremony. Did they let you sign those photos before the ceremony? Thanks