Should we launch a movement to expedite Name Check

josamdee

Registered Users (C)
For victims of Name Check delay abuse

Hello All,

Now that all attempts to expedite Name Check through FBI are exhausted, should we write to William Yates highlighting our apathy?

Suggestion to resolve Name Check delays:
If there are name check delays of more than say 120 days then UCIS should issue something similar to a temporary green card (requiring may be a yearly renewal) till Name check is cleared. This will reduce Load on UCIS with respect to complications arising out of these delays
a> Renovating EAD & AP
b> Keep tab & track status issues of all applicants (including primary and secondary)
c> AC 21 portability and hordes of issues arising out of it.
d> Keeping track of the Job related details like EVl, Paystubs and similar stuff
e> Loss of priority date and opportunity to adjust status ( unfortunate EB3 applicants like me :( )
The most important point is that 99.9% of the applicants come out clean from name check and secondly if there is a hit, the process for handling such a case should be already be built into the system today.

Most Important Point :
What good is it to delay a namecheck for say 1-2 years if a hit is found and needs manual review, isnt this the exact reason why cases with possible hits need to be resolved at earliest. :rolleyes:

IF we have collective efforts to draft a proposal then we can present something that might be good for our cause.

Some might argue that EAD is something like a temporary GC but please note that EAD does not take care of any above issues and is not counted towards number of years required for naturalization (citizenship)

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a Lawsuit will work if all other options are exausted.

Some people are victimized for no reason, financially victimized and emotionally victimized. This is outright discrimination.

So, anyone else is interested in pooling the resources and hiring a lawyer to sue FBI? No, I am not talking about mandamus, but rather a suit patterned after Rajiv's.

FBI’s Name Check is the primary pain for most of us now. Comparing to USCIS, FBI is much more unreachable by the people like us. Let’s forget USCIS for a while and work together to figure out a way to let FBI hear our voice. I just want to ask them what is the logic that name check cases with “hits” should take for years to clear.

The purpose of Name Check is to find out those I-485 applicants who might be dangerous to this country. It is obvious that people with “hits” have higher probability that they could be bad guys, so that they need some “manual” screening. What I don’t understand is: those people are already in the US and can work and travel just like other people. They could harm this country even without GC. FBI should take action immediately once they got “hits” in computer name check. Short-of-hand is not a good reason for FBI to delay checking these cases for one or two years. This is a big security hole. FBI should give high priority to complete name check for those people.

I agree with you all. Someone is going to pay for this. It is indeed a costly affair and we have to be united for this very reason. Count me in we will succeed in this mission !!

Cheers
Sonpapdi

'collective' letter to FBI

Folks,
Maybe we could first try to write a 'collective' letter to FBI stating all the troubles we (and our employers) have because of the pending name check? We could create a template with a list using our nicknames, or just #1, #2 etc., and a table indicating our basic info, including I-485 RD and start of the name check.
Then we could figure a day when we ALL will mail such letter, everybody will give personal info (name, DOB, A#...) and indicate that I am 'compass' or '#2' from the list (list will be enclosed). Everybody will use same template, just add personal info. Then FBI will receive say 20 letters (depends how many people will participate) on same day and then they may consider this more close?
Since this will cost us almost nothing, like $ 6 for certified mail with receipt (I even would not use FedEx for this), we may get a lot of people into the list!

Count me in.

Another idea is that it would save us lots of time if
we can make a Name Check request to FBI in advance
separately from I-140,I-485,....

I know my name will get hits because somebody kept
using my name, phone number and address to do
some kind of financial frauds. During last 10 year or so,
I was questioned 4 times and I spent considerable time
to convince banks and collection agencies that the guy
in question is not me. Now this guy will haunt me
once again in GC process... :(

I am not convinced Rajiv is the right person - after all, this is not an immigration matter per se. However, soliciting his advice couldn't hurt - provided he's willing to give it. I was thinking ACLU - let me see if they are interested. Will report when I hear something.

Cheers!

Shrek

Count me in as well

Folks,
I am more than wiling to do the needful for this cause. Where do things stand as of now?
CK