Should my parents or I petition for my siblings?

Needa

Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen living in Maryland. My parents got their Greencards through me. They are going back and forth between US and Germany since they have 2 children living in the US and 2 children living in Germany. My parents don’t work in the USA. My younger siblings who live in Germany are German citizens. I would like to apply for their Greencard as well. They are 22 and 26 years old (unmarried). I understand that my parents would need to file Form I-130 to petition for the Greencard. My question is should my parents petition for their children or should I do it for my siblings since I’m financially better off than my parents. How long would the process take if they petition or if I do it? How much would I be looking at paying?

LPR parent applying for an unmarried child is by far the faster way to go, an approximate 8 year wait. Assuming your dad does so, he would be the primary sponsor, and you could be a joint (financial) sponsor if his income falls short of the threshold at the time the visa becomes available.

First, multiple people can petition for someone; they do not conflict. So both you and your parents can petition just in case, if you want.

Unmarried over-21 child of permanent resident is in the F2B category. Sibling of US citizen is in the F4 category. F2B is faster than F4 for everyone except people born in Mexico. Note that in F2B the children cannot get married.