Should I start working? I'd love to but...

JinCA

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!
I applied for GC based on a job offer, for a future employment. My labor was cleared and I-140 was filed on March 9th of this year. At this point, we opt for CP, so we have NOT applied for I-485.
Now, as a spouse of E1 visa holder, I have a work permit. My attorney says I should start working because I have the permit. But my future employer says he wants to wait till my status changes. They had a meeting and I will be allowed to start working in August or so.

I’d be appreciating any third opinions.

One more question. My attorney is expecting my I140 approved within 10 to 12 month,( and I do hope so ) but it sounds too good to be true. (EB3, CA) What make him say that ? He says it's getting faster but I cannot see that way...

What's the downside of working based on your spouse's E1? If there is no downside, why waste time? Go work!! BCIS has been creating a lot of noise about backlog reduction and 485's seem to have started moving.. Maybe it'll rub off to 140's but I wouldn't hold my breath. BTW, 12-15 months is probably a reasonable guess given current processing rate..