should i file for nautrilization

Lalala2701

Registered Users (C)
בס"ד

Hi

I have had a green card for five years however in the first almost 4 years ive been only visiting about once a year and only in the past year and a half ive been actualy maintaining my residency living here and everything. Should I file for nautrilization now or is it too risky

thanks

You have to be in the US for at least a total of 30 months* (913 days to be exact) out of the past 5 years in order to satisfy the physical presence requirement. From what you've described, it appears you don't meet that requirement.

*18 months out of the past 3 years, if applying with the 3-year marriage rule

so if i have a total of 30 months in lets say 7 yrs its also acceptable? it doesnt have to be 5 yrs since i came?

so if i have a total of 30 months in lets say 7 yrs its also acceptable? it doesnt have to be 5 yrs since i came?

Come on, you can read, can't you?
You must have at least 913 days of physical presence in the U.S. during the 5 years immediately prior to the date of filing N-400.

This is just one of the requirements (called the physical presence requirement) for being eligible to file N-400.
There are other requirements as well, including the continuous residency requirement, which you currently probably don't satisfy either.

You should really do some homework and make at least make a minimal attempt to learn the basic
rules for naturalization eligibility before you post questions in this forum. The basic info is available at the USCIS website and you should start there.

E.g. start with the naturalization eligibility worksheet:

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resource...rces/A Guide to Naturalization/PDFs/M-480.pdf

Read it first, figure out what applies to you and what does not, and if after that you still don't understand something, then come and post a question here.

i thought its not allowed to be mean in the forum

Please give me a break! Nobody is being mean to you here.

But if you expect the others to expand their time and effort to answer your questions and explain things to you, the very least that you owe them is to make some effort first in researching the question first and find out the basics. If you still don't understand something after that, then come here and ask a question.

You most likely can file in 3.5 years because you broke continuous residency multiple time. And baikal3 is right, RTFM first!

Please clarify if any of your absence from USA is more than 180 days ??. If so, then you have to complete 4 years 1 day from the date of your last return from your trip abroad, which is more than 180 days long, before filing n-400. No 90 days early filing allowed for these cases.