Should i begin my medical degree in the UK if ive just received my USA green card???

she238

I need help!!
My family and i have just received our green card but i would like to apply for medical school, i am in the process of applying in England. Should i just complete missing credits in the USA and apply for med school in the USA???? But it is soo much more expensive, so should i do my English MBBS then complete a USMLE afterwards?? Would my green card still be valid though after such a long time???

I need help!!
My family and i have just received our green card but i would like to apply for medical school, i am in the process of applying in England. Should i just complete missing credits in the USA and apply for med school in the USA???? But it is soo much more expensive, so should i do my English MBBS then complete a USMLE afterwards?? Would my green card still be valid though after such a long time???
Congrats!
As a GC holder, more correctly, a Legal Permanent Resident, you're expected to, surprise, *reside* in the US in order to preserve yoru LPR status. Spending the majority of each year for 5-6 years (is that a correct timeline for a medical degree in the UK?) will seriously question your ties to your new home country and you'd risk getting your GC cancelled at POE.
If you were to only spend a small number of semesters in the UK, you could get a Re-Entry Permit for up to 2 years but you'd still have to proof how you keep your ties to the US intact (e.g. file US taxes etc).

Another way to approach this: If you think/dream 5-10 years ahead, where would you envision yourself to practice medicine? In UK or US? There is no right or wrong answer to this, but either answer will guide you down a different path.