should I apply for a TN visa just a couple days later after I have been refused to b-1 visa visit?

mtl345

I brought their invitation letter for a business visa and had been refused to visit on Oct 21 . I am not sure the reason. but the immigrate officer said they had called 1234 inc. what the administration assistant said my responsibility does match the offer letter on paper. Maybe the US officers think I will work illegally in the US?

I contact 1234 inc again and they just KEEP SILENT . I was so disappointed and found another employer 5678 inc, on Oct 25. They hired me as vice manager of the New Jersey branch, my responsibility includes branch management, warehouse management, and developing the market in canada. I was thinking of applying for a TN visa in order not to be a suspect working illegally . I can stay longer & work in the US and travel Canada .

I have two concerns:
1,should I apply for a TN visa just a couple days later after I have been refused to visit?

2,I do not feel the officer near Plattsburg, New York,friendly, Should I visit the office again or should I change and go to the office in Vermont to apply for a TN visa ?
Please let me know if you have any tips or comments .highly appreciate!

My first potential US employer offered me a position as branch manager on Oct 4. Then they invited me to visit and stay in the US for a maximum of six month. the trip goal is

My first potential US employer offered me a position as branch manager on Oct 4. Then they invited me to visit and stay in the US for a maximum of six month. the trip goal is
You wanted to work as a branch manager on a B1, do I understand correctly? This is not permitted on a B visa so not surprising it was denied. It’s also odd that the company just stopped responding to you, sounds like something is not above board.

We have others here who are expert on TN, i will let them comment on whether TN is appropriate for your second job offer,

thanks a lot.
Sorry,my mistake. actually I just try to visit US without any visa requirements. but I had show them new job offer letter that I will WORK in Canada but will be pay by US employer. I did not apply b-1 visa.

Canadian citizens generally do not require a visa to enter the United States directly from Canada for the purposes of visiting or studying. ... Canadian visitors are generally granted a stay in the U.S. for up to six months at the time of entry.

thanks a lot.
1, From my experience, if you apply at a different POE, it's likely they will question why you are doing that.

how about i tell them the truth: I did not have good experience in that POE ?

2, Unfortunately, based on the information you provided, I don't see anything that would make me think you will qualify for a US work permit.

How about Management Consultant – baccalaureate degree or 5 years' experience in consulting or related field?

I have 15 years experience and master degree.

thanks a lot.
Sorry,my mistake. actually I just try to visit US without any visa requirements. but I had show them new job offer letter that I will WORK in Canada but will be pay by US employer. I did not apply b-1 visa.

Canadian citizens generally do not require a visa to enter the United States directly from Canada for the purposes of visiting or studying. ... Canadian visitors are generally granted a stay in the U.S. for up to six months at the time of entry.

so you were trying to tell CBP you would spend 6 months in the US, getting paid by a US company at that time, but not doing any actual work in the US during that time? (For a brand new employer?) Can you see that sounds very suspicious?

yes,agree. the company mentioned maximum 6 months in invitation letter. after I come back Canada, I call them and they keep silent.
now I concern what may the CBP response my TN visa application? properly refused ?

according my work experience, I think the employer would like to send a offer letter with a job title : Management consultants . my job responsibility is help organizations improve their performance in a wide range of disciplines, primarily through the analysis of existing strategic and operating business problems. is it more reasonable & possible that I apply TN visa with the job title?

Your sponsor would need to write a TN letter, outlining your responsibilities, and requesting a TN in Management consultant category, for a specific period of time up to 3 years. You would then take this letter, along with documentation regarding your experience and education that would show you are qualified for the position. Documentation for your experience would come from letters from former clients, typically.

The company offer letter is usually NOT sufficient, for getting a TN.