Sharing my recent tn experience

shaohahaha2018

Since i saw a couple threads and was worried myself because of the border closure i am going to share my experience with you guys.

I called rainbow bridge CPB and they confirmed that they would process tn visa. Then i drove there, i was the only person there they took my passport, called me in and i handed over my docs. They asked typical questions "who will you be working for", "what will you be doing", "have you worked in the US before", "what location will you be working at" etc.. the whole process took about 15-20 minutes, paid the fee and left. Very smooth process. They were friendlier than i was expecting.

This is for TN math/stat, i work for a bank, not a health worker.

Hope this helps.

shaohahaha2018 - Thanks for sharing your experience. My current TN will expire in Jan 2021, planning to drive down to border to get it extended. Hopefully, the border will get opened by then, even if not, no issues are seen in issuing TNs at the border with the closure also.

shaohahaha2018 - Thanks for sharing your experience. My current TN will expire in Jan 2021, planning to drive down to border to get it extended. Hopefully, the border will get opened by then, even if not, no issues are seen in issuing TNs at the border with the closure also.

I was already working in the US so similar to your case, will not be an issue for you. The canadian officer actually had more questions and concerns for letting me after i told them i am from nyc.

Since i saw a couple threads and was worried myself because of the border closure i am going to share my experience with you guys.

I called rainbow bridge CPB and they confirmed that they would process tn visa. Then i drove there, i was the only person there they took my passport, called me in and i handed over my docs. They asked typical questions "who will you be working for", "what will you be doing", "have you worked in the US before", "what location will you be working at" etc.. the whole process took about 15-20 minutes, paid the fee and left. Very smooth process. They were friendlier than i was expecting.

This is for TN math/stat, i work for a bank, not a health worker.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for sharing! I'll be headed to the Peace Bridge from NYC next week...