SFO Plastic Card Tracker

wik said:
I know everything SHOULD be fine, but without the plastic and stuck in another country just amplifies the worries... what was your indirect experience? Surely someone at the United counter will know what the heck a 551 stamp is?

Wik,
You must have got your card by now in your mail box. I received my permanent resident card yesterday. Incidentally, I got email regarding my status change on 09/13: The message says on september 11, we mailed.....blah..blah. I found the card in the mail box on september 13. I am just waiting for my spouse green card. Hopefully it will be available soon.

gcusa99 said:
Wik,
You must have got your card by now in your mail box.

I'm sure I have, but I am in the UK right now - I left on Saturday. And the card probably arrived Monday. So, next week when I fly back, my wife will have her GC, my two kids will have their US passports and I will just have my 551 stamp. I thought about having a friend retrieve it from my place and FedEx it to me, but I didn't want to risk it getting lost between CA and the UK! I guessing the United staff will probably have seen a stamp or two in their time...

Update

My info

Stamped 7/19

Email message dates
Processing Completed 8/24
Card Ordered 8/26
Card Mailed 8/31

The card was indeed mailed on 8/31 from Corbin KY to my old address in San Francisco.

I wasn't there though, so it was forwarded by the USPS (I gave three weeks of notice and did the address forwarding online through usps.com) to my new address.

Card received in SF (according to the forwarding sticker 9/7)
Card received in Georgia 9/13
Card in hand 9/14

becky

Update#2

approved 7/22
stamped 8/2

9/15
received email (updated) from USCIS today on primary (9am), derivative (4pm)

>>Current Status:
Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
<<

9/16
received emails from USCIS
>>On September 15, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
<<

-wac-ed
wac-02-223

Last edited by a moderator:
wik said:
I know everything SHOULD be fine, but without the plastic and stuck in another country just amplifies the worries... what was your indirect experience? Surely someone at the United counter will know what the heck a 551 stamp is?
one of my relatives was asked about the 551 stamp either at the Virgin/BA/UA (?) counter or during the flight from London Heathrow. After a couple of minutes of explanation and comfirmation, everything was fine. The airline people were just as surprised when presented with such an informal stamp on the passport and were told that this is as good as a GC. ^_^

9/16
>>On September 16, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
<<

-approved 7/30
stamped 8/11

wac-ed in CA said:
Update#2

approved 7/22
stamped 8/2

9/15
received email (updated) from USCIS today on primary (9am), derivative (4pm)

>>Current Status:
Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
<<

9/16
>>On September 15, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
<<

-wac-ed
wac-02-223

Hi,

Does the envelope say 'Return Service Requested' on the front? Please let me know.

If it does, you got lucky to get the GC forwarded by USPS. Usually it will be returned to the sender.

LikeGolfing said:
one of my relatives was asked about the 551 stamp either at the Virgin/BA/UA (?) counter or during the flight from London Heathrow. After a couple of minutes of explanation and comfirmation, everything was fine. The airline people were just as surprised when presented with such an informal stamp on the passport and were told that this is as good as a GC. ^_^

Thanks for sharing the experience. I also have a copy of my approval notice which I will whip out if they are still baffled.

GC Envelope

the envelope was completely blank. Two little windows: one with my address, one with the CSC's address (but not the name CSC) on it. At least not visible.

I was having a relative get my mail who was instructed to look out for a potential GC envelope. They told me that if they hadn't gone and typed the address into Google, they wouldn't have known that it was my greencard.

The post mark was from Corbin KY.

becky

Permanent Residence Cards Recvd.

Permanent Residence Cards received in the mail yesterday for self and spouse.

Also received email notification from USCIS for my son's case approval on 20th Sept (had an RFE for birth cert.)

Finally long journey is over.... :)

wac-02-149-5xxxx
485 AD - July 28,2004
PP Stamped - Aug 03, 2004
Processing Complete - Sept 13, 2004
Card Ordered - Sept 14, 2004
Card Mailed - Sept 17, 2004
Card Received - Sept 20, 2004

wac-02-149: Did you receive email notifications for Processing Complete, Card Ordered, Card Mailed ? TIA!

emails for all the updates...

foobar007 said:
wac-02-149: Did you receive email notifications for Processing Complete, Card Ordered, Card Mailed ? TIA!

foobar007,

Yes, I received emails from USCIS for all the three message changes for the card.

card received 9/21
email notifying card was mailed 9/18 received on 9/20
card ordered 9/16
proc completed email 9/15
stamped 8/2
approval 7/22

WAC-02-223x

Last edited by a moderator:
What does this msg mean

Hi

I got my PP stamped on 9/9 at SFO. Status msg online got changed as follows: What does this mean?

On September 21, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Thanks, CB

cbamidimarri said:
Hi

I got my PP stamped on 9/9 at SFO. Status msg online got changed as follows: What does this mean?

On September 21, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Thanks, CB

May be permanent resident card, though it is unusal message for green card mailing. Check out your mail box. Good luck!

Card ordered

Card ordered : 09/22/04
Passport stamped : 08/13/2004 in SFO
Approved : 08/09/2004

-SquareOne
WAC-03-056-52***

Approved 7 30 04
Stamped 8 11 04
Plastic Card recd 9 22 04 (yesterday evening)

Wac 02 151 5XXXX (EB1-OR)

Finally the ordeal comes to an end.....

Good luck to everyone.

ibm101 said:
Approved 7 30 04
Stamped 8 11 04
Plastic Card recd 9 22 04 (yesterday evening)

Wac 02 151 5XXXX (EB1-OR)

Finally the ordeal comes to an end.....

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations! You got your card within 60 days.