Service request experiences?

madmonkey

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

This afternoon, I called customer service to have my EB1-EA case expedited as it was outside the 30 day processing perriod (filed Sept 19 2006, NSC). The representative filed a service request and promised me I would hear within 30 days.

I have read here in this forum something about a 45 day period...are there different types of service requests, do these actually work, any one with service request experiences here?

Thanks
-madmonkey

PS: as a note, I have spoken with customer service reps on 2 occasions and found to both to be exptremely nice ... was very very surprising...one actually even looked up my b'day and offered greetings!!! not that this is going to help my case, but it certainly was a unique experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello:

This afternoon, I called customer service to have my EB1-EA case expedited as it was outside the 30 day processing perriod (filed Sept 19 2006, NSC). The representative filed a service request and promised me I would hear within 30 days.

I have read here in this forum something about a 45 day period...are there different types of service requests, do these actually work, any one with service request experiences here?

Thanks
-madmonkey

PS: as a note, I have spoken with customer service reps on 2 occasions and found to both to be exptremely nice ... was very very surprising...one actually even looked up my b'day and offered greetings!!! not that this is going to help my case, but it certainly was a unique experience.
customer service guys are usually nice, as opposed to officers, where it is hit or miss.
Service request... well you'll get something that will say that the case is pending. That's maximum information you can get from these things - quite useless, i'd say

I've heard of some people who got approvals after opening Service Requests. And some others who just got a letter back saying Name Check pending.

I've heard of some people who got approvals after opening Service Requests. And some others who just got a letter back saying Name Check pending.
Not to argue or something, but i'm reading this board daily for more than 2 years and can't remember anything like that :( I myself filed like 4 of them - all useless.

I got a letter saying that they are doing additional review and hence the longer processing time. They asked me to call back if I dont hear anything in 6months!!

brewtus: was this for a 140? or are you talking about 485.

Michvin: how did you talk to a officer? the 1-800 number only gets you to a service rep.

brewtus: was this for a 140? or are you talking about 485.

Michvin: how did you talk to a officer? the 1-800 number only gets you to a service rep.
in the last step select "if you filed several cases and think that they were separated...." option. this will take you to the officer of the service center you filed or been transferred to.

Not to argue or something, but i'm reading this board daily for more than 2 years and can't remember anything like that :( I myself filed like 4 of them - all useless.

Well...I know it's pure luck. I know two people personally...one got approval...one a letter saying nc pending. The approval might have been just pure coincidence. But, the guy who got it swears by it and keeps telling everyone to open one. :)

I talked to TSC IO today, he said security checks done, fbi name check pending as usual. He was quite funny. I also opened an SR today. And I have just printed out letters to Senators, Congressman, First Lady etc. and will mail them tomorrow.

Let's see if anything works. ;)

EB2 India, Oct 2001
485 RD - Oct 2006

Service request

I placed a service request for my pending I-140 after waiting over 3 months of receipt of my reponse to RFE. I got a letter saying that my case is pending because of background check. No time frame was mentioned in it. I had mentioned this earlier as well.

eb

mine was for 140 NIW

Brewtus amd Moden,

I know it is very frustating. So am sharing my own experience with you. On one of my I-140's filed thru lawyer it was pending for more then a year at NSC and after all the SR's my lawyer told me that the reply is -namecheck pending. So I wasted another 6 months and after that I contacted congressman office, another waste of 2 months but when they inquired their office was told that my case is approved...Can you believe..and they changed the story saying that it was never in namecheck!!!!!hoo...

So bottomline, they do what they like..if they forget about a case they don't want to search for it but give any replies.namecheck most common ..trust me on this!!!

hope it helps!!

My above story is only for pending I-140....besides it was namecheck/or background check but whatever I-140 doesn't go thru this step!!!

Brewtus amd Moden,

I know it is very frustating. So am sharing my own experience with you. On one of my I-140's filed thru lawyer it was pending for more then a year at NSC and after all the SR's my lawyer told me that the reply is -namecheck pending. So I wasted another 6 months and after that I contacted congressman office, another waste of 2 months but when they inquired their office was told that my case is approved...Can you believe..and they changed the story saying that it was never in namecheck!!!!!hoo...

So bottomline, they do what they like..if they forget about a case they don't want to search for it but give any replies.namecheck most common ..trust me on this!!!

hope it helps!!

thanks.

Brewtus amd Moden,

hope it helps!!

Hi KKU
I knew that you were approved. But I didn't know this story. How much time had passed between when you got the news of approval and it was actually approved?

KKU

Glad to hear it worked out in the end...I had H1 problems in the past - when it should routinely have been approved for 3 years, they approved it for only year and did not respond to my attorney's queries...The congressman's office did the trick, they were able to help it changed. Some congressman's offices are very helpful, others not.

-madmonkey

Moden,

The above story was for EB2..after my approval I received the physical copy in a week.
However, my EB1 was approved in Texas in 3 months without any problems this year..

kku, Moden, madmonkey,

I have no idea what to do. My NIW 140 has been pending at TSC for more than 8 months (Jan 12, 2007). I see people who filed in Feb, March getting approvals but then there are people from Nov 2006 who are still waiting. The service request response was "additional review" and wait for 6 months. None of my recommenders have been contacted. So don't know what this additonal review is all about. I don't know if I should contact a congressman at this point or wait for some more time.

Brewtus:

6 months is a very long time to have to wait...but if you contact your congressman now, they will ask you for case details, and there is the likelihood that they will want to know if the 6 month period is over before contacting USCIS...dont you think? I understand your frustration - not sure what else to do but wait. Everytime I am in a dump, I think to myself things could be worse...and somehow get through the day.

Brewtus, I filed EB2 NIW in TSC Jan 25 2007. I got a bad RFE on Aug 23 2007questioning prong three. See my post in this forum. They should handle your case soon. Hang in there. Good luck.