September Mailer got RFE .

Sami5

Myself and my wife got RFE on EAD.How long did it take to get
the RFE after it was issued.
Any ideas on what kind of RFEs are issued for EAD? Any Guess?
Please share your experiences.

Thanx
Portal

me too

august mailer.. rfe issued on jan 4th. i was so disappointed when i heard this today morning.i will look at mail this evening and let you know.

No Title

I too got rfe in ead on dec\'21 for signature cards .It may take 1 week to 10 days to get the letter from INS.My lawyer received letter on 2\'nd jan .It is in the process to send the reply to ins

Hi Swara,Ik123

Thanks for reply.

I also heard on Jan 4th that RFE was issued for EAD. I am also waiting for the mail to come. I think attorney only gets the info about RFE. I am not sure whether we get a courtesy copy for that.Do u have any idea?

Hi Ik123,
What is signature card.?I have no idea. Can u please explain?

Portal

Portal & swara

Hi,
Yu never get courtosy copy reg rfe.Lawyer will get the copy once Yu send G28 form with 485 (Unless self filed). I think that INS adjudication officer may be unaware about the non requirement of signature cards(if yu filed with 485) or at the time sending the ead application to devision 3 for adjudication,the contractor may forgot to put stamp filed with 485. Sign cards are the form where Yu have to sign and give yr finger print ( not reg\'d yr finger print)

Thanks ! Ik123

Hi Ik123,

Thanks. Now i am waiting for the notice to come. But as you told my attorney will be getting the details.

One more question: if we call IIO, whether it is possible to get the info regarding RFE like what it is?

Thanx,
Portal

portal...

My attorney is out sick.i do not know if somebody else will take care of her mails. i am going to call iio this morning to see if i can get some information. will let you know.

thanks ik123. hope to hear something from iio today.

Hi Swara!

Did u come to know anything from IIO. Do u have any idea about IEAD? Thinking whether to take that or not.

How long after getting RFE it takes for approval? Any guess?

Thanx
Portal

portal ...

i spoke to my attorney (whew!!!) a few minutes back. she says that she received the rfe and the rfe was for the marriage certificate. She says that she will fedex the copy to them today. My attorney is taking it very casually - i think my case is like anybody elses case to them/her.

I dont think you can go for iEAD when a rfe has been issued. you can ask our gurus here.

Anyway.. did you find out what your RFE is for?

i am waiting for my message to change - i think it takes about 2 weeks for it to change.

thanks,

Hi Swara! Thanx, Plz reply to this also

Hi Swara, Thanks for the info

Till today my attorney didn\'t receive the notice from INS. Waiting eagerly to know what the RFE about?

I am surprised to hear about your RFE for EAD ie Marriage certificate. I think it\'s a new kind of RFE. When I have searched this site for EAD RFE, I came to know that all are for photos, signature cards, signing on the back of the photo. That\'s all.

Whether ur attorney is in CA/some other state?
Thanx,
Portal

attorney is in LA, CA

hi Portal,

it was very surprising to me and my attorney too. i think they are just stalling time or maybe my attorney did not file it with my i485. all set and done she fedex the copy yesterday and gave me the fedex number. were you able to contact IIO? where is your attorney? is he/she on vacation/checking mail.maybe they will get it today.i know how worrisome it is to wait without knowing whats in the mail.
good luck,

Hi Swara, Thanks for the response

Yesterday i tried a lot to get hold of an IIO, but couldn\'t. My attorney is in PA. Till now no news from them. They are not on vacation. Just waiting to get a call from them.

portal - my message changed

to evidence received on Jan 14th...it will take 90 days blah..blah..
what happened to yours?

EAD RFE

I too got RFE for signature cards for my EAD. To my surprise it got resolved pretty quickly.

Details :

WAC-01-262-xxxxx
RD : 06/18/01
ND : 08/21/01

RFE on : 11/29/01
Attorney received notice on : 12/05/01
Received blank signature cards from attorney on : 12/12/01
Mailed signed cards to attorney on : 12/13/01
Attorney sent cards to INS on : 12/14/01
EAD Approved on : 12/31/01
EAD Card received on : 01/10/02

Note: When I signed on the signature card the attorney sent me, I could not keep it within the box. So I went to San Jose ASC the next day for a blank form. They sent me to the San Jose INS office on Monterey Road. Waited in queue for 1 hour and got a new form. I took this opportunity to ask him about eligibility to receive iEAD during the RFE period. He said that I will have to wait for the INS system to be updated that my reply had been received. Anyway, now that the approval has come, all that is academic.

Hope this info was useful.

Hi Swara!

Hi Swara,
I was out of station. Yesterday only I received the notice of RFE from attorney. It was for signature cards.Today I have fedexed back to attorney.
 My attorney told that they cannot send the RFE back thru fedex as INS has kept already one return mailing envelope etc etc. They said they will send only thru regular mail:(

You told that u had sent all documents back on Fedex to INS. Whether INS provided return envelope for you or not? Just I want make sure whether my attorney is giving misinformation.

Thanx,
portal

Thanks goldengate

Hi goldengate,

Thanks for posting ur RFE experience. We also hope that let our case also approve soon.

Portal

fedex ...

my attorney mailed the evidence (marriage certificates) thru fedex and gave me the tracking number to follow it up. i do not know if ins had sent a return envelope..i will ask my attorney today and let you know. My message now says "on jan 14th we received ur....blh blh it takes 90 days blah blah".

we got rfe for wife\'s ead

this was for photographs
we sent the photos on 12/06 -
current message says \'your case(ead) has been approved - your card has been ordered- it takes 90 days \'

I am sure that it will come to me before end of this month