Paccha

Registered Users (C)
I have been issued RFE for the following details:

1. 6 months earning statements
2. Tax Return and W-2 for 2001
3. Medical (Chest X-Ray)
4. Photocopy of Passport
5. Photocopy of I-797
6. Emloyment letter with Date of hire, duties, remuneration, and prospects for continued employment

I received the letter today...
And that is, after 1 year 1 month and 18 Days after filing I-485

lots of trouble and pain....

kavalai-p-padaadhay sagodharaa..

everything will be allright!:) and I wish you all the best!

Re

Did you change employers when you were on H1 or are you with the same employer since you are on H1??

Did your medical report say "Chest Xray negative" , did you get a chest xray at all for your over the limit TB test???

Is your salary too much or too less??

I am just wondering if you got an RFE for a reason or just random for no obvious reason at all.

telecomguy.......

Does changing a job on H1 between I-140 and I-485 matter? Any issues............say...company A (applied for GC, I-140 approved).....to company B and then back to company A ( applied for I-485).

Anyone .........any comments, complications with such a case?

BTW I already have received a RFE (W2,pay stubs and emp. letter)..

Tusker75

Do you work on Genesis products by any chance? I know of a person with a similar scenario as yours.

Basically when you changed as you mentioned, your paystubs and/or W-2's submitted with your I-485 would show 2 employers, so maybe INS wants to clarify. Don't see any problems though.

Good Luck..

Keep us posted..

Question as to why or when RFE is issued is competely upto the officer.

I know this guy who was expecting a sure RFE for his wife's birth certificate because the place of birth on the certificate was different from the one on passport. Don't ask me why or how.

Anyway they did not get RFE --- They got Approval. Most of us sitting with RFE's probably have everything in order. Yet we are waiting and likely to wait for a long time. This may not be the end of it. We may have to endure more pain if INS deciedes to transfer our cases to local offices.

I have tried hard not to vent my frustration on this forum for long. I have given up :D

Girish and 180daysguy

I did send the W2 when I replied to the RFE response. But the thing is I never got any pay stubs from company B and for that matter W2. I was with them for 2-3 months.......out of which most of the time went in applying for H1 and waiting for the receipt and finding a project. So I don't have any thing from company B other than appointment letter....:(
Now what !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason behind the change were I didn't have a proj with company A, H1 was expiring in April, dates weren't current for me to apply for 485.

I am getting jitters now..............

180days......i don't work on Genesis.......

Relax Dude,

If I understand you correctly then you look to have applied for a new H1 or H1 transfer with Comp. B, so that must have raised a flag with the INS.

Answer the RFE and you should be all set..

Good Luck

ok 180dayguy

my case in a bit more detail..........but in a few words.... :)

1. no proj with company A from Jan 2001...
2. company A says no pay until u get a proj or u find a company..move out.......
3. H1 expiring in April (mid).
4. Economy's bad......can't find anyone to apply to H1
5. Company A won't extend my H1
6. April 16th H1 expiring....I send docs to company B on 10th April.... I get my H1 from them. I find a 1 month proj with company B on May 20th... Work for a month..............
7. Mid july company A finds a project for me , I join them back.... 485 becomes current, I apply for I485, Company A applies for my H1 revalidation/new H1.... I send my passport to St; Louis........get extended visa till 2004..........Have travelled to India this year on that visa ..............
8. Don't get any paystubs, pay for me to mention in my W2.

You think I am ok...........

I have already replied to my RFE...........keeping fingers crossed and waiting.........:rolleyes:

Girish,

I did mention company B as my employer while applying for I-485. Since I had their company B's H1, INS will know (maybe) that I had multiple H1's. But nothing wrong in having 2 H1's...

I hope things don't get messed up.......

my response to RFE was received on Oct 10th.......

Tusker75

I went through your details. INS must have sent RFE to you because your mutiple changes, H1s, etc.

But do not worry, it all looks fine to me.. Wait for INS to act on your RFE, check AVM and ONLINE status, you will get your approval soon..

:D :D