Sending N400 - Final review

nice_guy_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My GC has a date of 08/23/2004, so by the 90 day rule, I can apply for citizenship on 05/25/2009. I have completed the N400 and this is what I am planning to do -

1. Review and sign the N400 on 05/26/2009 and send it on the same day. I will make copies for my record after I sign the form.

2. mine is 5 year, Employment based case so will be sending in a check of $675 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 2 Passport photos (costco), copy of GC(front and back) and completed N400. Repeat the same docs for my wife.

3. I am planning to send my wife's and mine N400 together in one big envelope containing 2 individual envelopes (one for each application).

4. I am planning to send the applications to TX lockbox facility as we live in PA via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Are there any other things that I need to take care before sending in N-400s.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

My GC has a date of 08/23/2009, so by the 90 day rule, I can apply for citizenship on 05/25/2009. I have completed the N400 and this is what I am planning to do -

1. Review and sign the N400 on 05/26/2009 and send it on the same day. I will make copies for my record after I sign the form.

2. mine is 5 year, Employment based case so will be sending in a check of $675 payable to Department of Homeland Security, 2 Passport photos (costco), copy of GC(front and back) and completed N400. Repeat the same docs for my wife.

3. I am planning to send my wife's and mine N400 together in one big envelope containing 2 individual envelopes (one for each application).

4. I am planning to send the applications to TX lockbox facility as we live in PA via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Thanks!
You need to make sure your GC says 08/23/2004 and not 08/23/2009. ;)

You're fine..you have everything you need for the application. Prepare the document checklist for the interview.

Hello,

My GC has a date of 08/23/2009, so by the 90 day rule, I can apply for citizenship on 05/25/2009. I have completed the N400 and this is what I am planning to do -

2. mine is 5 year, Employment based case so will be sending in a check of $675 payable to Department of Homeland Security, 2 Passport photos (costco), copy of GC(front and back) and completed N400. Repeat the same docs for my wife.

Thanks!

(1) Write your name and A# on back of your photo
(2) If you get a traffic ticket between now and 05/26, modify your N-400

The same can be said for any arrest or change in status (ie separation) that occurs between now and 5/26.

Other are not likely. Only traffic violations can happen any time
even if you have no intent (mens rea).

Except for traffic violation, it is kind of insulting to remind of anyone not to
commit a crime though one will certain regret not being insulted thsi way
when an arrest really occur

Children Information

For 9.B Information about Sons and Daughters, in the Address filed I have written 'WITH ME' as per the N400-Ins document. Is this enought or should I write the complete address again here?

For 9.B Information about Sons and Daughters, in the Address filed I have written 'WITH ME' as per the N400-Ins document. Is this enought or should I write the complete address again here?

Just "With Me".

Did you fillin a lot of "N/A" for not applicable items or just leave them blank?

Like if you don't have a prior spouse, do you wite N/A for prior spouse' name or leave it blank?

I just left such fields as blank. Is that okay?

also I have filled the whole form in capital letters only

Actually on top of page 1 of N-400 form. The instrusction says

"Clearly or type your answer using CAPITAL letters".

Gee. I missed that. I just used title case.

If a questions doesn't pertain to you , write N/A, although if you left it blank its not the end of the world.

Actually the latest instructions does not state the "ALL CAPITAL" anymore:

www<delete this>.uscis.gov/files/form/N-400ins.pdf

[Could not post URL.]

The form itself says "type yoriu answer using CAPITAL letters"

Thanks for pointing it out. I read the instructions but did not pay much attention to the form itself yet. I need to get my stuff together as I'm already eligible to file n-400.

Its okay

I left some blanks and metioned N/A wherever I could. I don't think its a big issue in the end. My interview is scheduled for later this month.