Self Employed: Question

ari4u

Registered Users (C)
I recently got my EAD and registered for a sole proprietorship business license and also registered for a ficticious business name. Though my company is formed, I am still on H1 waiting for the right time to quit(which could be anytime soon).

One thing i did not understand is this. I was not asked for my immigration status (as to my EAD or H1) when i registered my business. At what point do i have to show my EAD as eligibility to do business here? Im confused as it was relatively so easy to start up a business without anyone having to check if i was really eligible for it. It felt too good and easy to be true as the whole process completed in one day!! Am i mising something here? Pls advice.

I am assuming you do understand that a Sole propreitor has to pay self employment taxes on the net profits. you said you did not get your GC, so is the primary on the GC your spouse?

businesswoman said:
I am assuming you do understand that a Sole propreitor has to pay self employment taxes on the net profits. you said you did not get your GC, so is the primary on the GC your spouse?

Yes i do understand what it takes. My wife is a USC and i have my EAD.