Self-Apply for NIW 485 or Ask Attorney to Do?

ryy

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All---

I asked an attorney to apply for the NIW I-140 and recently got approved. Now I do not know whether I shoud ask the attorney to apply for I-485 or do it by myself. As my understanding the I-485 application should be easy and it is very easily to get approved. But the attoney ask $1500 fee for mine and my wife's I-485 application (total).

How did you guys deal with your I-485 application if you ask an attorney to apply for I-140? Do yourself or ask the attoney to do it for you?

Another question, what did you do for your Birth Certificate?

By the way, obviously I applied I-140 and I-485 separately.

Many thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!

ryy said:
Hi, All---

I asked an attorney to apply for the NIW I-140 and recently got approved. Now I do not know whether I shoud ask the attorney to apply for I-485 or do it by myself. As my understanding the I-485 application should be easy and it is very easily to get approved. But the attoney ask $1500 fee for mine and my wife's I-485 application (total).

That appears to be normal.

How did you guys deal with your I-485 application if you ask an attorney to apply for I-140? Do yourself or ask the attoney to do it for you?

I filed mine myself. It is a simple document if you don't have status violation/crimminal issues.

Another question, what did you do for your Birth Certificate?

Get one from the issuing authority.

By the way, obviously I applied I-140 and I-485 separately.

Many thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!