selective service

slow pace

this forum\'s very helpful .
this is what happened : came to U.S. illegally before I was 26 .
I applied for asylum
After the asylum was granted I was informed to register with the selective service (which I did although I was just few months over 26 just in case to show that I am not running away from my new responsibilities) renew my EAD and apply for green card after a year that happend after i was 26
i did wrote to selective service asking for a letter (talked to IO during the interview and he said i need to get the letter )
the letter states that i failed to register acording with the times i gave them (u can find the form on the selective service website )
my question is :
Is anybody in my shoes here ,going through the same problem
 no clue i had to register with SSS although i was illegal here(asylum pending) ???

No Title

I was not asked to show my Selective Service registration card at the I-485 interview (but then again I guess it can vary on individual cases). But I have heard from the others that it is important in the Naturalization application.

No Title

Hi Slow pace,

What "stamp" are you referring to? I do not know what form I-181 is because it simply doesn\'t exist. Check for yourself:
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

I registered with selective service over 5 years ago. You should look at the link I posted earlier, they have all the instructions.

Where/When did your I-485 interview take place? When did you file your I-485?