Selective Service Registration proof

Mr Vertigo

Registered Users (C)
Hello all.

I'm trying to get physical proof of my Selective Service registration. I've registered more than 6 years ago, but I have unfortunately lost my registration card. So I went on the SS website and thankfully they have a way to get proof of registration by calling this number: 1 847 688 6888. However, everytime I call I get the busy signal. This has been going on for hours now. I've tried different phones but to no avail.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? It says it's an automated processing machine so it shouldn't be busy like that.

Thanks in advance

It is strange that the automated number is busy.

I recommend requesting the registration proof in writing. The address is on thier website.

Vik_b

Try this one: 1-888-655-1825
Right now it takes about 8+ weeks to process SSS-related request so do it asap.

Try this one: 1-888-655-1825
Right now it takes about 8+ weeks to process SSS-related request so do it asap.

OK, this number worked. It says it takes about 1 week but that may just be bogus information. Thank you very much.

Fromnaija, I did that and have a printout of the page. I still wanted to have the original though so if they ask for it, I can show it. Thanks.

Thanks everyone.

Hey Guys and Gals

I am in real bind now.
I received my IL on 10/15/2008 and my interview is on 11/20/2008.

The IL listed selective service status informtion letter. I had send the request with all the supporting document to selective services on 10/21/2008. But it takes 6 to 8 weeks (according to the customer service lady on phone) for them to send the letter.

There is no way I am going to get that status letter before my interview :-((. Should I ask for reschedule of my interview or just test my luck.

I was in united states on F1 student visa at 24 to 27 years of age and according to n400 form I did not needed to submit a status at the time of submission of n400.

Any advice.

vik_b

I was in united states on F1 student visa at 24 to 27 years of age and according to n400 form I did not needed to submit a status at the time of submission of n400.
Then state that reason if the interviewer asks about Selective Service.

If you are 31 or older now, they probably will not ask about it anyway, because at that age they cannot deny you for failing to register if that is your only moral character issue, even if you were required to register.

Thank you Jack.

I am 32 years of age. I did not see this age (31 years or older) clause in the instructions. If possible could you refer me to the document where it is stated.

vik_b

They will not ask for your letter. If you want to be sure, bring a copy of the Selective Service letter with you (along with the receipt) and ask them to call SSS to confirm your status.

Hi All,
I have S.S regisration card with my old address on it. I used to live at that address more than 6 yrs back. Now I move to NJ. Will that be a problem? do i need to get address changed on my Selective service card? I check on their website, and I am listed on it.
Pls suggest

Hi All,
I have S.S regisration card with my old address on it. I used to live at that address more than 6 yrs back. Now I move to NJ. Will that be a problem? do i need to get address changed on my Selective service card? I check on their website, and I am listed on it.
Pls suggest

Go online and print a copy thats good enough. The IO checked online to see my status. You will be fine man. Keep posting your experiance. I got the passport yesterday. I feel so damn good now.

selective service

could you guys help with one more issue please?? i 've heard that if you were not registered for the selective service and you are older than 31 there should not be a problem to get the US citizenship(%97).
i am just wondering how you guys come up with the age 31 and that %97??

and one more thing i consider my self as not registered but in fact i was supposed to be registered by ins itself because it says so on my application forms that i let INS register me on my behalf for the SSS.BUT THEY NEVER DID SO.
why Ins never registered me and why they are making it a big issue even its their own fault??