Selective Service, N400 and Atlanta

oluyi

Registered Users (C)
Is there anyone who by the time he got his green card was between the age of 18 and 26 and never registered with selective service and despite all that was still able to get his Citizenship based on the letter they received from Selective Service Authority? I am in this position an my interview is coming up soon. I am doing this just to know how to best prepare myself. Should anyone also know of an attorney in Atlanta. who can help tackle this seeming problem. I will indeed appreciate phone number and name of the attorney.
Thanks to you all for been sincere and frank in this forum.

My son failure to register with Selective Service

Hi,I\'d like to help you to pass interview of citizenship.My son failure to register Selective service.In 1999,he applied financil aid in university.Upon examined him Selective Service registration status He was first know he is not registered.He did not know the requirement for resident aliens.He sent a letter to Selective Service.They answer"Dear Mr.-----We have your letter regarding your Selective Service registration status.You are not registered.Our records indicate that we sent one or more letter reminding you of the requirement to register and urging you to do so.Since then every year my son sent a letter to Selective Service to explain the failure reason.It\'s important to hire a lawyer to attend the interview.This year February My son passed interview April took oath to become America\'s citizen.The lawyer wrote a letter to send immigration office.He said "The purpose of this affidavit is to tesify and demonstrate that my failure to register with Selective Service of the United States was neither knowing nor willful.I am aperson of good moral character and would like to explain in detail the circumstances that unfortunately prevented my Selective Service registration".......
If you like to call the lawyer,I tell you his phone number and name.Washington DC (202-293-8300),Law offices I.Jay Fredman.i think the lawyer will help you pass citizenship interview.Because The lawyer very know the Selective Service law in the United states history.At the interview lawyer will help you.
Regards mingwen

No Title

Thanks for your response as it is very comforting. I will try to look for lawyer to help me through this difficult process. My question now is, did the lawyer sent the letter to INS on behalf of your son prior to the interview date or, he made your son took with him the letter to the interview? I reside in Atlanta and I might have to look for a lawyer in Atlanta to represent my interest in this respect. I will indeed appreciate any details you will be willing to share with me in the light of this issue.
  More importantly, could you tell me what kind of explanation your son gave for not registering with selective service by the time he attended his interview or was it that he was not asked any questions relating to it?

You look for lawyer carefully

Hi,My son applied for naturalization(N-400) including the explanation failure with Selective Service.I suggeste you to call I.Jay Fredman.P.C.because my son was looking for many lawyers.finally choose him.Some lawyer didn\'t know the law very much,some lawyer give wrong advice.I Jay Fredman really know the Selective Service very much.At the interview He had very good conversation with the INS officer.He said my client "he was focused on devoting his time and energy to work for his company.As a newcomer to the United states,He was completely unaware of the US.Selective Service laws........Due to him lack of awareness about the US.draft system and related laws.He did not register with the Selective Service.He failure to register was not a knowing or willful act in violation of laws.rather it is the result of social and cultural barriers.........It\'s long letter."He very sad and deeply regret this situation.He is a person of good moral chracter and have never broke any laws......In summary, his failure to register with the Selective Service was neither knowing nor willful.He have tried to correct his inocent mistake in every possibleway.......Unfortunately, he is passed the register age........
At my son interview,Officer concentrated on the failure to register.Therefore you really have to prepare the interview.I hope you pass the interview.If you have chance to visit DC,I like to see you.
Regards mingwen

No Title

Thanks so much for the careful explanation of your view. I will start scouting for the best lawyer who will be willing to represent my interest at the interview.
Thanks

To make good moral character

Hi,I suggest you to make a good moral character.It\'s good for you in the interview.and officer will see you good character carefully.My son got a letter by university"This letter is to explain circumstances of Mr......\'s Selective Service registration and the reason we granted Mr..... federal financial aid."Last year September11th,He sent a letter to SelectiveService;"I am writing to express my strong desire with the Selective Service.I understand I have already passed the age limit to resister.However.in light of the current terrorist attack on the United States,I believe it is my duty to register with Selective Service to show my support to the United states........."He was donation blood.My family are christian.pastor wrote a letter to explain my son love God and America.Company and neighborhood to give a good explain in good moral character.I hope you to make a good moral character.
Regards mingwen