Selective Service Letter request..

nycMartin

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I called and requested my selective infomation letter. its been over 2 months, and they still haven't send it. Anyone else having the same problem? My real question is, Will the IO ask for proof?

Did you file the N-400 after your 31st birthday? If yes, the IO almost certainly will not ask for proof of Selective Service registration.

Did you file the N-400 after your 31st birthday? If yes, the IO almost certainly will not ask for proof of Selective Service registration.

Why does 31st birthday matters?

By the way, if one did register, he is to just put down registration date and selective service number on N-400.
It is said USCIS can veiry on line if they want.

Guys, I am a registered male. I know my exact date of registration and my SS#. My question is not concerning infomation letter about not resgistering.. It is my proof that i've registered.

Guys, I am a registered male. I know my exact date of registration and my SS#. My question is not concerning infomation letter about not resgistering.. It is my proof that i've registered.

I don't think you need an information letter from SS if you provide registraion date and selective service number already on N-400.

You can verify your own statues online and print a copy of screenshot

If you know your registration number, you don't need the letter from them. Just write down the registration number on the N-400, or provide it at the interview. If they want to verify it they can do so.

We called Sel Serv for my husband's letter and they said they do not send out letters and he should just print a screen shot from the website after verifying date of registration. I hope for his sake that Immagrations accepts that as proof if they ask for it.

Hi guys, I called and requested my selective infomation letter. its been over 2 months, and they still haven't send it. Anyone else having the same problem? My real question is, Will the IO ask for proof?

Ladyvwj. The first time I called, the operator did not want to send me a status letter because I was already resgistered. So I spoke to her supervisor and explained to him that, immigration N-400 may required me to show some sort of prove. He was kind enough to re-send my selective letter, with the card (paper cut out) which you would've originally recieve when you first signed up. It took a while but I eventually recieved it.. I forgot how long though. I don't want to take Any chances since my entire App was pretty straight forward with no bad morals / wrong doings. I figures the IO will ask for something just to create some sort of work. Got all my tax transcripts as well for the past 10 years. only 3 years back from online. The older ones, I had to pay the local IRS office a small fee to obtain it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We called Sel Serv for my husband's letter and they said they do not send out letters and he should just print a screen shot from the website after verifying date of registration. I hope for his sake that Immagrations accepts that as proof if they ask for it.

It is good enough. If they don't believe the printout they have various ways of verifying it.

On form I-485 there is a paragraph that if your application is approved USCIS will forward your information to Selective Service System.

In my case they didn't forward anything even though they approved I-485. So now I have to send copies of GC, I485 and letter with my information explaining what went wrong. I'm sending this to Palatine, IL.

Good job USCIS

edit: oh btw... I was 25 yr old when my AOS took place.

On form I-485 there is a paragraph that if your application is approved USCIS will forward your information to Selective Service System.

In my case they didn't forward anything even though they approved I-485.

How do you know you're not registered? Did you call them to check for records that are not available through their web site?

edit: oh btw... I was 25 yr old when my AOS took place.
What does "took place" mean? Approval date or applied date?

How do you know you're not registered? Did you call them to check for records that are not available through their web site?

Yes I called them. Also you can check it here https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx but I called them anyway to double check.

What does "took place" mean? Approval date or applied date?

Granted, CPO...etc you name it. It's when your I-485 is approved. In my case it was at the interview.