Security Clearness Time Frame

gurdip

Hi does anybody going through the security clearness from the National Visa Center, if so does anyone have Idial time frame of this process, or average clearness time for this process?, I am on this for 2 months now and I called up to NVC yesterday, they said it going under security clearness, dont know how long it will take, I am curious to know the time frame.

Anyone help me please, my fiance consulate is in india Mumbai, and she already had an interview, and they held her case after the interview for that security clearness.

Unfortunately there is no way of telling how long it will take. It can be anything from a few weeks, or months, and up to several months or longer.

I hope you hear something soon.

What's security clerance in NOV?

What's security clerance in NOV?
How long does it usually take?
Anyone can share his/her experience? Thanks.

Security clerance

I guess that the SC is for the US citizen. Per my understanding, NVC will not send the applicant's documents to the assigned consulate until the SC is approved.
Besides, I have another Q: Per the I797 received, the approved case will be valid for only 4 M for visa processing. If the SC takes so long, a 4 M period of visa processing may not be enough.
Please share your experience. Thanks.