Security Clearance

lisabelle

My husband had his Visa interview in Ankara, Turkey this morning. He was told that he would need additional security clearances. My guess is that if there were going to deny his visa, they would have done that this morning. Can anyone tell me about this? Has anyone ever experienced this? They told him that it would take an additional 4-6 weeks but when I checked the website it said 4-6 months. Anyone know what the deal is?

Had there been grounds for denial, the local consulate would have taken the appropriate steps. From your description it seems that the consulate is waiting for DC to "clear" your husband before they can issue him a visa or make a final determination on his case. I hope it is a short wait for him.

Thanks so much

Thanks for the quick reply and although I understand the need for such security measures, it does not help in matters of the heart. It is nice to have confimations on what my initial thoughts where.

Is the SC by NVC for the US citizen or for the fiancee/spouse? I am not clear for this issue. Can anyone share his experience? Thanks.

Security clerance?

Is the SC processed before sending packets to a consulate or after packet 3 is complete?

K1 denied

Unfortunately, my K1 and my daughter's K2 (who is 19) visa got denied about 10 days in Guang-Zhou, China, even though the documents w prepared were sufficient. Since my finance (USC) only visited me once in the last 1.5 years, it might give the officer bad impression.

The reason was follows:
Frequently Asked Questions About Refusals Under Section 5A

What does it mean that my family member’s petition was refused under Section 5A?

When a family/relationship-based petition has been refused under section 5A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), it essentially means that the consular officer has made a determination that the underlying relationship is not bona fide and was instead formed in an effort to circumvent U.S. immigration law. (Note: for K visas where the officer has determined that the relationship is not bona fide, section221 (g) is more typically the grounds for refusal.)

I discussed with my finance (USC) how we should do next. Some friends have recommended 3 options: 1) re-apply K1 (no K2 this time) again; 2) get married and then apply K3; 3) get married and then apply CR-1.

If you read this message and have some idea, would you please have your recommendation? Thanks.

Hello,
The only proof I have of is meeting are two, similar, photos. Is that not enough? I don't have my airline boarding passes etc. saved. I do have several emails (at least 1/day for 8 months) and phone calls (about the same).