Secondary Inspection / DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry

ccordova624

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

Ok, so two months ago I found out that I am on the "blacklist of DHS"... so everytime I enter the United States as a Green Card holder I am ALWAYS referred to secondary inspection in order for my identity to be verified. Hours later, and missed flights later I am allow to enter the US with no problems.

In my last 3 entries (Toronto, Houston, Miami) I asked the CBP officer why I am always referred to secondary inspection? sometimes the officer take my documents and check something in their PCs and give them back to me with no questions asked.

The 3 CBP officers told me that I have been flagged by DHS because I reported a RTD lost. Which is NOT true... it was confiscated at LAX Airport by CBP ( http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=260584&highlight=confiscated+LAX+Airport ) I guess CBP never documented on their system, because everytime Im asked the same questions (What happened with your Travel Document in...)

Anyways, all the 3 officer gave me a document that says that In order to not be delayed at the secondary inspection in the airport, since as a Permanent Resident I shouldnt be. To file a complain with the "DHS Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP)" http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/programs/gc_1169676919316.shtm

I finally filed it... hopefully it will work and I wont miss my connection flights...
So if you have been flagged by DHS... there is something we can do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, if you check my previous posts I mention the same procedure to go through, technically you are not the only one, my good friend is a US Citizen for past 15 yrs, he went through same thing, their explanation for him at port of entry was that his name is same as someone else on their list, they better update their dam list and stop harassing people. You file through the link of DHS and they will mail you a letter and keep that letter, where ever you travel.

I came back yesterday from Europe & was sent to secondary, I used NP + GC. . MY RTD was also confiscated in 06 because of asylee class. Anyways to make the long story short, I did make a fuss about it and they lady said that no matter if you write letters etc, they will not change it. Even though it was confisicated by them , in their system you have been flagged forever untl you become USC.

The letter that you mention is for people who are flagged beacuse of nationality or race or anything out of ordinary. This concerns validating your identity and the imimgraiton lady in secondary(very nice btw) told me that they wont budge when it comes to identity. She said that if they have any concerns, they can even fingerprint you to validate that its you.

I said whatever and just moved on because you can't do anything. Also i think its good...reason? Because if in my U.S citizeshp interview they ask me why I renewed NP..i will say they confiscated the RTD and asked me to use NP..what should I do?

Now for this problem, I think i will just use JFK for entry because thats the smoothest & officers are nicer there.

Yes, you maybe right... but the 3 officer told me that in my case filing the complain with dhs/trip would help... right or wrong I will find out... hopefully it will work...

I'll keep you update it about it.

Yes, you maybe right... but the 3 officer told me that in my case filing the complain with dhs/trip would help... right or wrong I will find out... hopefully it will work...

I'll keep you update it about it.

It can be resolved if you are persistent about it. Good luck.

Secondary inspection POE

I just experienced a very close situation with secondary inspection at POE. I was traveling to Australia back in May 2009 for 9 days when I returned the the US through LAX I was referred to a secondary inspection. I generally traveled internationally twice a year and this was the first time ever I went through a secondary inspection. As usual, I lined up at the US citizen/ legal permanent resident line and presented my national passport and GC when it was my turn. The CBP officer during the primary inspection asked the order of my last name and first name since the orders are different in my NP and GC. She then asked me to perform biometrics: 10 fingerprint scans and she took my face picture (I think all non US citizens including GC holders have been required to do this since January 2009). She then asked about my profession here in the US and I answered her question. After a few seconds she signaled another officer and told me to follow him to the secondary inspection area. I only waited about 5-10 minutes at the secondary inspection area until a CBP officer showed up at a counter, took my NP and GC--which were placed in cubby by another officer, and looked up my data in his computer. A few seconds later he then called my name and told me "You'll be out of here in just ONE second". He stamped my NP with ARC stamp and I was allowed to proceed to the baggage area. I never asked the CBP officer why I was referred to a secondary inspection at POE.
Have you traveled with your GC and NP and encountered the same problem? Any new development on your issue?