Secondary Benificiary not approved!

Natarajan Viswanathan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
        I want to know if there are others in the same boat. My own application was approved on 7/16/01 (Details PD 11/14/97, RD 3/28/00, ND 4/26/00, FP 1/16/01) whereas my wife\'s application was not. Till date it has not been approved. Want to know from the Gurus a) If this is common? b) What is the typical timeframe between the two approvals for those cases where it is not approved simultaneously? (In other words should I sound the alarm now or wait for some more time).

Any help would be appreciated.
Partly out of this exhausting wait.

Same boat

My application (I-485) was approved on 5/29/01. My wife\'s application has not been approved. We got an RFE on her case - medical.

Reply to RFE has been sent 10 days back.

Well it is going take time dude

You have only sent back RFE 10 days. There are several instances that it takes upto 3-4 weeks after they update the AVM says it was recieved.

Did not get an RFE also?

Hi,
    But in our case we have not got an RFE for my wife. So I don\'t know what the hold up is. Interesting part is wife\'s EAD renewal has been approved (after nearly 6 months RD 1/28/01, ND 2/5/01 Approved per AVM 7/23/01) Does this imply a looong wait for her I-485 approval???

Thanks for all your responses!

I was replying to Peoriadesi

But your case I suggest you contact Local Congressman/Senator if the timing is way beyond normal processing time as specified by AVM.

Nothing in NSC for that matter INS has a definite pattern. So I doubt you will get any definite answers from posters here.

Same Boat

In my case, as I have mentioned that my I-485 was approved on 5/29/2001, I called INS on 6/6/01 and I was told that her case has been assigned to officer on 6/5/01. Officer issued an RFE on 6/13/01.

So my advice is just wait and wait for few days and then call INS.