Second Visit to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

saidboone

Hello everybody,
I have visited the US in June/July 2017 for two months under J1 visa now expired. I intend the US again to visit april 2018. My circumstances did not change a , same job and every thing except this time I have no sponsor and will be applying for B2 visa based on hotel reservation. I have two questions:
1- do Iqualify to an interview waiver?
2- would I expect I will get visa approval?
Thankyou

Not sure why poster above says 50-50. As long as you can demonstrate proper ties to your home country (letter from your employer that you will be returning, home ownership document or ongoing rental contract, immediate family in the home country etc) there’s a good chance you’ll get a visa. If you can’t show such ties, chances of approval drop quite sharply. But you’ll definitely need another interview.

If OP doesn't apply, the chances are zero. If s/he applies the chances are 50-50. There are no guarantees when it comes to US visas. Even after a J1 visa, no one can guarantee a B2.

If OP doesn't apply, the chances are zero. If s/he applies the chances are 50-50. There are no guarantees when it comes to US visas. Even after a J1 visa, no one can guarantee a B2.

But it’s not 50:50, they don’t decide visas on a coin toss. It depends on what evidence the applicant can show that they have ties to go back home. I’d think most B applications are actually quite far from 50:50, to both sides. Strong ties = very good chance of getting visa. Weak ties = almost no chance of getting visa.
The J visa is probably irrelevant at this point, other than a minor tick that one previous visit wasn’t overstayed.

50% chance of approval
50% chance of denial
Simple fact, nothing more nothing less. Rest up to OP if s/he applies.

50% chance of approval
50% chance of denial
Simple fact, nothing more nothing less. Rest up to OP if s/he applies.

It is not a “fact” at all. It is not decided on a coin toss, or a random selection, which is the implication of your 50% outcome statement.
OP, please ignore this nonsense. Ensure you have as much evidence as possible to prove your ties to your home country to maximize your chances of receiving a visa.

Haha 'nonsense'.
I agree OP has to have proof of ties to maximize chances of a visa. He'll either 1) get the visa, or 2) be denied.

Haha 'nonsense'.
I agree OP has to have proof of ties to maximize chances of a visa. He'll either 1) get the visa, or 2) be denied.

Yes, and it is not 50:50 between the two. It will be weighted towards one or the other depending on the evidence he provides.

Oh I just realized where I went wrong...I assumed you understand the meaning of “probability”, but you clearly don’t. Of course you’re absoluteiy right that it’s a binary outcome, either he gets it or he doesn’t. Doesn’t mean the “chance” between the two is equal as you keep trying to say. Suggest short refresher of statistics might be in order. Thanks.

Well, your condescension aside, applicants face two choices, approval or denial. Strength of the ties determine the probability. He will get the visa. Unless he doesn’t. Pretty binary! Suggest a refresher on fora etiquette might be in order however.

OP, no one except the interviewing CO would decide your merits for a B2 visa. You have to document strong ties to your home country to overcome the CO's presumption of an applicant's immigrant intent. Fill out your ds160 to the best of your ability, and keep us posted how it goes. Good luck!

Well, your condescension aside, applicants face two choices, approval or denial. Strength of the ties determine the probability. He will get the visa. Unless he doesn’t. Pretty binary! Suggest a refresher on fora etiquette might be in order however.

OP, no one except the interviewing CO would decide your merits for a B2 visa. You have to document strong ties to your home country to overcome the CO's presumption of an applicant's immigrant intent. Fill out your ds160 to the best of your ability, and keep us posted how it goes. Good luck!

Yes it’s binary. NOT 50:50.

My politeness declines in direct proportion to number of posts having to say exactly the same thing, but thanks for finally writing a “factual” post.

Status
Not open for further replies.