- My parent have a green card since 2014. We applied for Re-Entry permit in 2016 and received two year Re-Entry permit in 2016 that was valid until Jan/2018. My parent returned to USA in Dec/2017 before expiry of re-entry permit with no problems. Parent was outside USA continuously for one year and eleven months.
- Parent went back to country of citizenship in March/2018 (was in USA from 12/2017 to 03/2018) and returned to USA in August/2018. However, during this re-entry, parent was told that stay in USA is less and next time parent green card can be revoked or put in a removal proceeding.
- My parent has to return to country of citizenship to take care of certain pension related paperwork. Can parent simply go back to country of citizenship and return after 2 months ? Will this risk green card given warning at the port of entry in Aug/2018 ?
- OR, should I first file for Re-Entry permit (this will be for the second time), wait for finger printing and then parent should go to country of citizenship ?
- Given the above background, what are the risks for getting second Re-Entry permit ?
- If my parent stay continuously for two and half years, will parent be eligible to apply for citizenship ?