Second Marriage for Green Card Contender

fish4all

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine is in middle of (Green Card) US immigration visa process (sponsored by his Father - US Citizen), which is expected in another 1 year. After approval of the case, his marital status changed from Single to Married. Unfortunately, his marriage went in dispute. Prior to grant of divorce, If he marries another lady (i.e. two wives at one point), can he apply for the second wife after getting green card? Is he expected to face any problem/ issues in this regard in US.

Look forward to your replies/ advices.

Thank you all!!!

He better not marry that other woman before the first marriage is terminated. If he's EVER married to two women at once, he'll could be banned from the US for practicing bigamy.

A friend of mine is in middle of (Green Card) US immigration visa process (sponsored by his Father - US Citizen), which is expected in another 1 year. After approval of the case, his marital status changed from Single to Married. Unfortunately, his marriage went in dispute. Prior to grant of divorce, If he marries another lady (i.e. two wives at one point), can he apply for the second wife after getting green card? Is he expected to face any problem/ issues in this regard in US.

Look forward to your replies/ advices.

Thank you all!!!

Your friend should NOT enter into the second marriage until his first one is terminated by a court of law. What do you mean that the marriage is in dispute? It is weird...lol!!! I would also advise your friend to stay clear of marrying again in such a short span of time, the baggage which destroyed his first marriage is going to destroy the second one. Lastly, bigamy is shunned upon by the US govt, so if he marry his concubine, then USCIS is going to deny the petition and when it comes to naturalization, I am sure they will be interested in his previous marital history.