• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Second letter DV2006 arrived

Mob

Today I received the second letter from KCC confirming my intention to do AOS and instructing on next steps.

It says the following:

--
You MUST submit the Diversity Visa ("DV") "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2005 until September 30, 2006. However, your status must be adjusted by September 30, 2006 as DV-2006 expires on that date.
--

My question are:

1) The "orginal" NL must be included with the AOS I-485 form? or just a copy with the forms? or it must be sent alone before to get registered or something?

They don't mention that we have to wait for the number to become current anywhere, nor to read the visa bulletin, the letter just says "it is important that you apply for adjustment of status AS SOON AS POSSIBLE."

2) My number should become current around February/March based on previous years, if I apply before, would it be rejected?

Thank you for your advice or comments.