Second H1???

ela6

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
I have a friend who is on H1 which shows that he is a Data base administrator. He now wants to work in pharmaceutical field as he has a lot of exp in that field as a Laboratory manager (totally different field and nothing to do with IT).

His current company has filed for labor and currently has cleared the I140. So, he wants to keep the IT based H1 going so that he can get the green card. So, he wants to go to work for the pharma company with a SECOND H1. On paper he will be still working for the first company (with salary on paper).

So, end of the year, he will have 2 tax papers (from each company with full salary). Will this be an issue when he files for 485 (2 full salaries???) Issue is how to explain that he had worked full time in 2 companies?

Please let me know what would be the strategy to keep the papers from first IT based company and at the same time work for the second company? Please advise.
thanks
Ela

First of all there is no full salary from two company, he can not work 80 hours per week , (i.e) 40 hours IT, 40 Hours Pharmaceutical firm per week even with a concurrent H1.

Again he can transfer his H1 from IT firm to pharmaceutical firm but the same time GC with IT firm still continue with out any problem. Onc he gets his I 485 approved, choice is his to choose IT or a Pharmaceutical firm.

However keeping 2, W2s with valid 2 H1s, no way going to affect any immigration preceedings.

ela6 said:
Hi folks,
I have a friend who is on H1 which shows that he is a Data base administrator. He now wants to work in pharmaceutical field as he has a lot of exp in that field as a Laboratory manager (totally different field and nothing to do with IT).

His current company has filed for labor and currently has cleared the I140. So, he wants to keep the IT based H1 going so that he can get the green card. So, he wants to go to work for the pharma company with a SECOND H1. On paper he will be still working for the first company (with salary on paper).

So, end of the year, he will have 2 tax papers (from each company with full salary). Will this be an issue when he files for 485 (2 full salaries???) Issue is how to explain that he had worked full time in 2 companies?

Please let me know what would be the strategy to keep the papers from first IT based company and at the same time work for the second company? Please advise.
thanks
Ela