Second Fingerprinting notice confusion

CaliGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
On June 5th ’12 raised a ticket with the USCIS for not receiving Finger print notification and the very next day my status was updated for FP sent and today was the appointment day. Just finished fingerprinting and returned, checked the status online and they seem to have sent second FP notice yesterday!!! What should I do? Submit fingerprints again? Ignore it? Call USCIS and ask why?

By the way: When I submitted FPs for Green card I remember after the fingerprints were taken an ‘supervisor’ kind of guy came in reviewed the data and accepted it, however this time I did not see anything second check done, Hope it should be okay.

My FP experience… read the lengthy stuff if you wish...
Today we (Spouse and Self) had Fingerprinting appointment at the ASC in Oakland, California. I really was impressed with the experience we had. Our appointment time was at 1PM and reached there around 12:50PM, once checked-in we were given a form each (some private form for their internal use, not used in immigration process)to fill in with a token number… By the time we finished filling the form we were called for verification and asked to take a seat. Within 5-7min we are called into take the fingerprints and photograph. In all the process was done within 20Min, I was surprised with the efficiency and speed they were working.

I could see 8 FP machines around and 5 agents helping in collecting the FPs they were courteous, nice and polite. I told the agent that I would like to see my photograph before it is submitted and she allowed me to see it. She was checking (jovial) with my son who accompanied me “if daddy’s photo was okay?“

This service center looks like dedicated to take FPs and has lot of parking space around unlike the ASC on Telegraph Ave. in Oakland, CA.

TIA!

Hi,
On June 5th ’12 raised a ticket with the USCIS for not receiving Finger print notification and the very next day my status was updated for FP sent and today was the appointment day. Just finished fingerprinting and returned, checked the status online and they seem to have sent second FP notice yesterday!!! What should I do? Submit fingerprints again? Ignore it? Call USCIS and ask why?

By the way: When I submitted FPs for Green card I remember after the fingerprints were taken an ‘supervisor’ kind of guy came in reviewed the data and accepted it, however this time I did not see anything second check done, Hope it should be okay.

My FP experience… read the lengthy stuff if you wish...
Today we (Spouse and Self) had Fingerprinting appointment at the ASC in Oakland, California. I really was impressed with the experience we had. Our appointment time was at 1PM and reached there around 12:50PM, once checked-in we were given a form each (some private form for their internal use, not used in immigration process)to fill in with a token number… By the time we finished filling the form we were called for verification and asked to take a seat. Within 5-7min we are called into take the fingerprints and photograph. In all the process was done within 20Min, I was surprised with the efficiency and speed they were working.

I could see 8 FP machines around and 5 agents helping in collecting the FPs they were courteous, nice and polite. I told the agent that I would like to see my photograph before it is submitted and she allowed me to see it. She was checking (jovial) with my son who accompanied me “if daddy’s photo was okay?“

This service center looks like dedicated to take FPs and has lot of parking space around unlike the ASC on Telegraph Ave. in Oakland, CA.

TIA!

The online case status system is not very reliable, and it looks likely that the second FP message is a mistake that was caused by your report to USCIS of not receiving the first FP notice.

They don't really need your FP to be done twice in such short order.
Sometimes the FBI rejects the fingerprints submitted by USCIS as low quality or otherwise unreadable, and in such cases another FP notice is sent. However, this could not have happened in your case, since, according to your post, the online message indicates that the second FP notice was mailed the day BEFORE you did your fingerprinting.

It is quite possible that the online case status message was a screw-up and that they never actually sent you one more FP notice. If you do receive another FP notice in the next few days, call the USCIS 800 number then, explain to them the situation and ask if your first fingerprint set was accepted by the FBI.

ofttit substituted

Hi,

Further updates on this second fingerprinting issue. I did indeed receive an second notice issued a day before (06/18) my fingerprinting done (06/19). I checked the status on 06/20 and the status was updated to 'in queue for scheduling...' I checked my status today and it shows on 06/25 interview is already schedule.

I'm not going to call the 1-800xxx number and cause further confusion.... since I would be talking to some agents who don't have much access to see what's happening on my case I worry they may cause issues with processing.

NOTE: When I raised a ticket for FP, I had requested them to setup appointment in the San Jose CA office since it was closer (than the Oakland CA office). They have indeed sent the FP to the San Jose CA office... appreciate the USCIS for considering our 'request'

TIA