Scondary inspection - Best Airports

immigquestt

Hello, I had a misdemeanor offense (DV) that was dismissed.. I am told that I will be taken for secondary inspection when I enter US.. wondering if there are any best airports for secondary inspection.. as in.. are there any better airports to choose to have an easy secondary inspection.. thanks v much..

Hello, I had a misdemeanor offense (DV) that was dismissed.. I am told that I will be taken for secondary inspection when I enter US.. wondering if there are any best airports for secondary inspection.. as in.. are there any better airports to choose to have an easy secondary inspection.. thanks v much..
Hello everyone.. any thoughts please?

Thank you. Is there anything like one airport is better than the other? I read a news about a student being sent back at Logan airport last week. So is it like Boston is more strict than NY or NJ? Thanks for your inputs.

No one airport is better than the other. People get sent back from all airports. Your queries scream POE shopping.

Your Domestic Violence arrest will show up at any POE.

Ok thanks. If the case is dismissed as the prosecutor elected to dismiss the case and my spouse didn't want to pursue.. will I have better chances of clearing the secondary inspection?

Or even for a dismissed DV case.. I'll be sent back in POE all the time?

Thanks.

Ok thanks @1AurCitizen. My immigration attorney told me if the case is dismissed and if it's the first offense I can't be denied entry as long as I have a valid Visa. I was hoping it will be positive. But it looks not that straight forward hearing hearing you :(

Ok thanks @1AurCitizen
Some say in NY or NJ CBP officials would have seen a lot of people like this (meaning dismissed DV case) and so the chances of admission back upon entry is high compared to other airports.
Is this not true @1AurCitizen ?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Ok thanks @1AurCitizen. My immigration attorney told me if the case is dismissed and if it's the first offense I can't be denied entry as long as I have a valid Visa. I was hoping it will be positive. But it looks not that straight forward hearing hearing you :(
Strange for a lawyer to say you can’t be denied entry. Only a USC cannot be denied entry. What visa are you on?
CBP will decide. Any international airport will have CBP officers who have seen it all plenty times.

Ok thanks @1AurCitizen
Some say in NY or NJ CBP officials would have seen a lot of people like this (meaning dismissed DV case) and so the chances of admission back upon entry is high compared to other airports.
Is this not true @1AurCitizen ?

Are you outside the US with a newly-obtained visa, or currently in the US ascertaining what lies ahead if you exit the US and seek admission later?

OP from what I heard until you become a USC you will be pulled over EVERYTIME into secondary inspection when you enter the country. They will probably detain you for up to about an hour and will let you in as long as you have no additional arrests etc so stay out of trouble! If you happen to pass through Bermuda, Abu Dhabi or Ireland which all have Customs and Border protection clearance outside the US it will be much faster. But be prepared when entering the US directly to have a long wait. Good luck stay a lawful citizen and apologize to your wife.

I'm in the US and thinking what would happen if I exit US and come back again.

Why worry about POE and airports? Shouldn't you be concentrating on applying for a visa, and your wife and kids with disability? POE should be based on convenience and ticket price, not about avoiding secondary inspection.

I suggest you find another immigration attorney. The one you have seems to not know the law he/she is practicing. "Immigration"

No Visa holder is guaranteed entry. It's at the sole discretion of CBP.