Save yourself 340$ yearly

Raziel

Registered Users (C)

OK, this is not an ad or commercial about new car insurance or phone service... :)

Asylees are not required to have EAD, just print the attached document and show it to the employer :D and you don't need to renew your employemnet card and paying 340$ :rolleyes:

What do you think? share your experience.

OK, this is not an ad or commercial about new car insurance or phone service... :)

Asylees are not required to have EAD, just print the attached document and show it to the employer :D and you don't need to renew your employemnet card and paying 340$ :rolleyes:

What do you think? share your experience.

This is like ancient news. I have never taken my GC to show my employment status and i work for federal agency..the USPS...Unrestricted card does it...

This never works most of them still ask for your GREEN CARD.

All you need is an unrestricted SSN and a Govt issued ID like a driver's license. I have never been asked for a GC. Atleast this is the case in New York City.

Hi Raziel,
Thanks for the attach file for it is very clear about the EAD for asylee and for their status whether it rquire them for EAD or not. Thank you, I really appreciate for your contribution. I will post on this forum when my status is approve, I mean my GC application and experience.

All you need is an unrestricted SSN and a Govt issued ID like a driver's license. I have never been asked for a GC. Atleast this is the case in New York City.

that is true.

sometimes they asks you additional prove(s), doh!!..
it happened to me twice after job-offer, before holding GC.
Some HR does not know what is "asylee" hah...
kind of hassle that must be gone through.

during my asylee period, I always renew my EAD to avoid hassle. the renewal fee was $60 and went up to $80 ( the last time that I renewed).
whenever they asked my status, I just showed my EAD and SSN,

onething that I learn: persistence is a good start to success :p.

I just got my I-94 ))) need to mail everything to Nebraska office and wait about 90 days (but they told me that if I wont get it in 70 days - I should come back to Fed Plaza and check with them) - people at Federal Plaza are so nice :D
About the job. I never said that I am an asylee or pending asylee (I always told them that my immigration process is pending, not to mention that I do NOT require sponsorship and I will NOT require it in the future (coz in the end of the day that's the only thing they care about) - and everyone was happy about it - I keep the asylee thing very confidential)

I'm bumping this one up to ask what I should say when prospective employers ask me about my status.

I just received a derivative asylee status which is not equivalent to either Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship and many of them require the applicants to be either of the two.

How do I go about this? I've already missed out on tons of internship opportunities, prior to my approval.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

I'm bumping this one up to ask what I should say when prospective employers ask me about my status.

I just received a derivative asylee status which is not equivalent to either Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship and many of them require the applicants to be either of the two.

You can add this line on top of your resume if your'e comfortable with it:
"Permanent Work Authorization: No Visa Sponsorship required"
And simply say I am an work authorized immigrant and have valid work authorization, when ever asked.
hope it helps !

You can add this line on top of your resume if your'e comfortable with it:
"Permanent Work Authorization: No Visa Sponsorship required"
And simply say I am an work authorized immigrant and have valid work authorization, when ever asked.
hope it helps !

This is exactly what I did, just like you said, great idea

but I guess The.Walker meant another thing

he says that there are applications... some employers depend on the application rather than the resume, the application havs 2 choices, citizen or Permanent Residency

Here's my opinion, I always put Permanent Resident "even I only have recommended approval"
you will not have any problem at all, the only difficult thing that you might encounter that there are jobs require more than Permanent Residency.... they require GC :eek: ... then forget it. Must have physical GC

I think asylees are Permanent Residents, this is what most of the emolyers will think.... coime on man, asylees have indefinite residency !

check out this http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=293045

Thanks for your efforts but your replies don't really make me feel that confident.

The firms that I was talking about strictly require the applicants to be GC holders or U.S. Citizens. I guess I'll miss out on internship/job opportunities albeit I'm fully authorized to work here.

Thanks for your efforts but your replies don't really make me feel that confident.

Truth hurts... :)

The firms that I was talking about strictly require the applicants to be GC holders or U.S. Citizens. I guess I'll miss out on internship/job opportunities albeit I'm fully authorized to work here.

I illustrated that in my answer, GC holder means GC holder for them.... :(

This is their policy, they will not change it, I tried with the US army but no use !

However if the employer didn't say GC holder... you have a big chance

Truth hurts... :)

I illustrated that in my answer, GC holder means GC holder for them.... :(

This is their policy, they will not change it, I tried with the US army but no use !

However if the employer didn't say GC holder... you have a big chance

Well, I already have a work permit so me being granted a derivative asylee status doesn't change anything in that respect.

it changed

being granted derivative asylum is the first step to get the GC

you can apply for GC after 1 year, right?

it's not logical but these are the rules!

Yeah. I'll be eligible to apply for my GC after a year but by then, I'll probably have joined or decided on attending Grad School.

Things would've been totally different if my father's case was approved right away instead of all this recommended approval nonsense which basically delayed everything by 18 months. After that, it took more than 21 months go get my case approved.

It's better than being denied but still, one could never give up on his wishes...

A lot of my friends have been denied on several internship and full time job opportunities and I was on the same boat until now. Here's hoping...